Monday, December 15, 2008

Had just been feeling rather stressed about all the looming and pending ministry stuff. It didn't help that I had taken refuge in a good book, "Marley and Me" (which Sandy so nicely lent me...), and thus had let the hours tick away.

So felt even more stressed when I saw the long, long CG prayer list that I'd committed to praying over, for my CG.

But really want to thank Daddy for His unconditional love. Was reminded that I don't have to go through the prayer list like it's a checklist - for it's simply a framework to help me pray for my dear caregroup.

For prayer is not so much an activity than it is a dialogue, a mutual conversation with a caring Counsellor.

So when I finally just threw off the shackles of niggly little worries off, and just shared with Him what was on my mind... hee, He helped me pray for each one, giving me words to intercede for them when I had no words of mine.

And just feel calmer and more peaceful as I continue praying. For I know that the government of the world, of the church, of the economy, of my family, of my friends, of my sheep, of my relationships, of my destiny and life and hope and future - they are all upon on His shoulder. And I know that He is the Wonderful Counsellor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,
The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."


Thank You Daddy. :) In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: