Tuesday, December 30, 2008

John 14:1-3
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."
Peter messaged me this verse just now, out of the blue. I don't know why, but I just felt a sweet sense of peace when I read it.

Maybe it's because the Lord's telling me that He simply understands. And He cares. And that's all that's enough, and shall ever be. And He's prepared a place for me, and one day His face I shall see.

How timely. Because I've been sensing a season of dryness coming on. Like the dry wind that rises up from the desert. When prayer is hard, and the Word of God feels like stale bread. Ah. After many seasons of walking with Him, it's a nice thing to be able to recognise an upcoming dry season, so that we can prepare ourselves, and dig in. Like the tree that digs its roots deeper in dry times, so that it can grow even stronger and more stable in the wet seasons. =)

Yes, Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey YA!!!! u know what? neva read ur blog before even though we know each other for so long..=s enc by some of ur posts..(in fact i din noe u've so many blogs!! haha)

neewayz..a verse that i came across this morning..hope it'll enc u..

"Those who know you name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you."
psalms 9:10

continue to seek the LOrD! =)

Anonymous said...

hallo huili! :) gosh, why you visit my blog only when i post a mel post... hahaha! no lah, just joking. but, whoa! tks for the verse sis! :) me treasure it! and just to say tt i enjoy reading ur blog posts too! insightful, and i learn new things from it! keep on sharing... God bless!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I'm a fellow member in the church, currently in tertiary. Anyhow, thought you'd be interested in the "First Time Writers & Illustrators Publishing Initiative 2009" by MDA. It's for the Children Category.

Check it out at www.bookcouncil.sg

Regards,
Denise :)

Anonymous said...

hey denise! whoa... i'm stunned. how do you know that i'm very interested in doing a children's book? totally thank God for you, sis! :)

Anonymous said...

I blog-hopped somewhere, sometime a while back and came unto your blog. :)

Enjoyed reading, and felt that you're someone who is very real on the blog.

Anyhow you did mention it before I guess.

I read fantasy, usually. But currently exploring the non-fiction and whatever I want to write I guess. No definite genre yet.

Anonymous said...

oops..haha..linked my way from our blog..;p hey mel posts are fine, as long as u bonuce back quickly to being right with God again..=)

btw cant help but "overheard" ur conversation w denise..I wanna try illustration too! wow..so interesting..hee..passing thought of joining the initiative too..=D (wanna test my skills & flair for illustration..haha)

Anonymous said...

Hey no problem, Huili! All are welcome... i'm planning to start the initiative next month... there are some interested bros and sisters... =D

what kind of illustrations do you like to do?