Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A New-Found Strength

Feeling the usual wave of inadequacy. It comes with regularity. But thk God so much, I feel more secure now. A security found in a special Bible verse, a rhema word that God impressed strongly on my heart a few times and esp during a service. :)

It's like being in a boat in the midst of a storm. But with Jesus as my fellow passenger. :)

I think this is a period of new-found strength that I have received after crying out to God a lot of times. He doesn't remove the storms that come with regularity. Instead He gives me a fortress, a safe refuge and rock to hold on to when the next wave comes.

It's ... how to say... not that kind of strength that we typically imagine - cool, detached and unperturbed - hovering above the waves. Staying dry. I think that sounds very much Buddhist.

But the Christian kind of strength is very different. The kind of strength that gets soaked wet. Just like Jesus getting wet in a storm. Strength that gets beaten and even bloodied. Strength that became a helpless baby in a manger. Strength that became crucified in weakness and pain. Strength made perfect through suffering.

Hebrews 2:8b-10
In putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to him.

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering. 

I am so happy to have my Father with me. Because I know that this deeper strength is not from my own understanding or strength or even positive thinking. But it is a peace-inducing strength from heaven above that comes from clinging on to a portion of God's promises in the Scriptures.

Hee! Excited to experience God to a deeper degree today, as compared to the past few waves. Cling on to His promises and not your own understanding. Because heaven and earth will fade, but His words will never pass away.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: