Saturday, September 12, 2009

Winds of Change

I've been intending to write down this post for many days already. Haha. Finally managed to do so, even if it's 4 am.

Feel excited, because it seems, from my catch-ups with some bros and sisters in the past few weeks, God is stirring a lot of our hearts at the same time. We've been somehow changing, seeing what our dear church is lacking in and starting to move towards meeting the needs in our church.

I think one major change that God may be doing in our church is that increasingly, there seem to be more and more people who see the need for more interaction and cooperation (kononia) among the different congregations in our church.

To be frank, I think there's this prevailing culture that different congregations tend not to mix with one another much, be it life stations or ethnic groups.

So it was very thrilling to see how the new proposed building is going to help a lot with this. So that our congregations can gather under one roof. :) More chances to mingle and get to know one another.

And haha I'm so glad God gave me the joy of being able to mix with brothers and sisters from other ministries. I was with Huanyan a few days ago. He said that I'd always be welcome to join them for their Saturday services. Wow. :) 'Cos it's natural to feel paiseh I guess, when it comes to keeping in touch with a ministry you left a long time ago.

And Weizhu was sharing with me his thoughts a month ago about a cross-generational ministry. :)

I think it's good to intentionally make friends from different life-stations, especially among those in the same church as you. Like how I get to know Amy from Family group. Very inspired by her heart to see her boys grow strong and mature in Christ. And to see her boys serving in HopeKids ministry.

And meeting up with Chris from the JEDI (young internationals) CG. And evangelising with Sijia and How Joo from the WAM (worship and arts ministry) CG too.

Man, am I privileged or what? :P But gee, I think it'd be good if more of us deliberately took time to bless more people, esp from those of different ethnic groups. Haven't gotten to know anyone much from Mandarin / Filipino ministry yet. (Oh! I got to know Ps James more, 'cos I helped him do the Mandarin bulletin last time.) After more than ten years! Not good! I am in the same church some more, for God's sake! :)

Oh yeah. Also been getting to know and network with more bros and sisters from other churches. People like Lois, for example. And haha the people from OMF. And so on and so forth. And the good people from Campus Crusade. And oh yes! how some brothers from other churches have been helping train us in various ministries.

Like Dick, who has been training some of us in the drama ministry. And this bro who will be training the business-inclined people in marketplace ministry. And so on and so forth.

Okay lah, come to think of it, maybe it's been like that all along. But it just seems to me that this year has been a sudden growth of us working and fellowshipping together more across different ministries, congregations and churches some more!

In a way, I feel a bit like a missionary when it comes to visiting different services apart from my regular Sunday service... thinking of visiting the PolyDINS service with Andrew before he moves over to the Young Adults ministry soon.

Maybe if got time, can even drop by different CGs in my sub-d... just to bless them... oh, Sarah's CG. Haha. Shouldn't be a problem! :P 'Cos her CG combines v often with her husband's CG anyway...

Haha. And the secret plans that I have in my heart too. But need to survey the actual needs first... like what we learnt from Nehemiah's forays to assess the damage to the walls of Jerusalem.

Winds of change... I sense perhaps the key thing that God is doing in our hearts at this moment is that He's preparing our hearts and minds to be united even more...

Excited, excited.

"Expect great things from God, attempt great things for God." - William Carey

No comments: