Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Now in library, drinking hot chocolate. Going to borrow books on scriptwriting. Storyboard for HopeKids - arggggh. Need to hurry up. Tk God for Spencer's great idea.

Still feeling quite down, but better now. Stomach tense. Had an email discussion with a bro about something just now. I feel tense when talking with very logical people. But it's good training to be more assertive and speak up.

Last time I thought that this is having a defensive spirit. But I've come to learn that it's good to voice out our concerns and thoughts... so that we can truly be one in heart and mind. Thank God for Jeannie who told me that it's important to speak up if I think something's not right.

God, I really struggle with speaking up. But help me... speak up with gentleness and a respectful spirit...

It is better to be misunderstood than to misunderstand.
And it is better to seek to understand than to seek to be understood.

But I think it's important, especially in ministry, for both to understand one another so as to be united in spirit.

Yeah. So have been also encouraging and challenging my sheep to speak up if he disagrees, and to exercise his own opinions more assertively. To disagree with me if he feels that I misunderstood him. (Which I've done quite a few times... so apologised to him... :P thank God for Jon's patience and grace with me haha.)

No comments: