Thursday, September 3, 2009

Haha... think should post an update of what's been going on in my life recently. :) Feel very blessed by the meetups with Joyce and Clarence (thanks dear friends for initiating... haha... feel v blessed).

To be honest, it's been a super-relaxed week for me... i know... you want to hammer me for saying it... haha... so relaxed that i'm struggling to post something on my blog. just want to sit down and nua happily at the computer.

Nua. How I like that Hokkien word. It's so onomatopoeic! :D And accurately evocative too.

Was talking with Minchen last Saturday (dropped by and joined some of the Uni-YA people for dinner). And she was telling me about how she can nua like this and that. Very funny...

But yeah. Thank God for last week. It was good. And very interestingly, while I was meeting up a guy from a tuition agency, he asked me, "Are you a Christian?"

I was very surprised. So asked him how he knew. He just said, "I just sense it."

Whoa. Haha... so I asked him whether he was one too. He said, no, he's a Buddhist, but has some Christian friends who have invited him to church before. :)

Anyway, he aired his own thoughts about the different religions in Singapore and so on... so just listened and nodded my head from time to time. Perhaps God arranged this so that I can pray for him to be blessed. :)



Actually, reminds me of a freshman asking me back in 2005 during a matric orientation. I hadn't told him I was a Christian. But he asked me casually, "Are you one?"

When I asked him how he knew, he said something like, "I just felt you were one." Hee. Very surprising, 'cos at that time, I was going through a spiritually dry time. Maybe that was God's encouragement to me at that time that I was still His child, no matter how dry or distant I felt from Him.



Oh! TH joined us for CG last week. Hee. Think he had a good time. We went through the Faith Like Potatoes DVD. Actually, I should have shown the part about the farmer chasing his labourers around the farm over a broken tractor. It was damn funny lah... haha... would have lightened up the mood more, I think.

But yeah, v surprised by TH's comment that he wants to join our CG to see what our sermons actually look like in action. It's a very good comment, I think. So, hee, I think our CG is like an interactive real-time audio-visual display of what we learn every Sunday in church.

Really good to have TH with us in CG. We really enjoy having you with us every week!



Joyce asked me over MSN yesterday after we got back from the OMF prayer meeting about the "End Times Wealth Transfer" thingy that she heard from someone else.

So googled on it. Want to ask Peter more about it. It's interesting... but I think to call it "End Times Wealth Transfer" might be a bit on shaky grounds... so want to double-check it out.



Anyway, so yup, been busy meeting up with friends. Met Clarence today. And oh, played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Great storyline!

Hmm. I really need to do a to-do list. Like what Clarence did. :)

Ok. Trip to Cambodia? Hope I can make it. Flash game... maybe? But I need to stay focused on why I quit my job. To do the scriptwriting thingy.

Oh yes. I almost forgot.

I had a great meetup with Hong Teck last week. We discussed about children's ministry. And making an introduction video for parents. Seeing how all this fits into the Year of Preparation. Prepare new wineskins. And wow, very thankful to be able to play a part in this. Pioneering. Totally unexpected. 'Cos by nature I don't really like to lead or take the initiative. Yet somehow God has enabled me to do directing and speak confidently when it comes to managing (also because really no choice lah) the resources and manpower and audio and acting and scriptwriting.

Amazing to see how God is so smoothly and naturally engineering things in my life to train me up in serving Him. It's so true that God doesn't call the qualified, but He qualifies the called! Which is really so the case in my case. :)

And oh! Ms Raja asked Leyi and I whether we want to go for a children's training workshop. Yep! I'm on. :) Want to learn more.

Ah. Need to plan for the children's LAN / badminton outing for Sep hols. So many things to do. But I need to push myself.

Oh. I need to pray too.

Sorry! Hope you don't mind my random ramblings. Not many deep insights here. But just simple little observations of how I perceive God to be working in my life. :) He's so good. Yeah and amen.

No comments: