Monday, September 14, 2009

New Things To Learn From The Kids

These testimonies really increase my conviction that we can learn so much more from the little ones, if only we would open our eyes bigger to see God working through children!

From Hong Teck's blog:
Today at HopeKids LIVE!, we had a great time. It was again great to hear many testimonies during our Open Mike time. Encouraged to hear, a child’s birthday wish to be more like Jesus. That above PSP, good exam results or toys is radical. Also from a boy who was converted in our ministry 2 year ago how from scoring a bit above 50% on his exams to topping his class with over 80% in his recent examinations. His secret was that he prays every day. Now that’s staying ready in action. Good to also see new kids bring other kids.
And there's this very touching and true story of one of the boys in my CG.
Last night went home early(earlier than normal) after church, realised that my brother’s pet fish which has been around let me see… (i bought it when i was sec 3) for 8 years passed away. As I entered my door, i saw my younger brother standing in front of the fish tank, tears flowing down his hugely pinchable cheeks looking at the lifeless body of the fish.

Being the awesome brother that I am, I look at the clock, realising its already 10.30pm, went into my room after expressing a few disgruntled words of sympathy, headed into my room to have my daily dose of scrubs, feeling no real sense of sadness or pity that the fish i bought had died. (the last animal i had attachment to was free willy you see. haha)

Then my brother made an odd request. “kor, can i bury the fish?’

I looked at him and said ‘Do anything you want, actually just throw away la, burying is so ma fan’

Which at this point my brother just went out to sit at the living room sofa, and continue mourning for his loss. This made me feel terrible and I did something that defied all logic and sense. I went out to offer to bury the fish together with my brother. [read more...]

No comments: