Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Brighter Day

Anyway, today was a brighter day. I think Yufen's prayer yesterday made a big difference.

Why do we pray so little when God promises that our prayers can make such a big difference?

Somehow was able to read my Bible with a more quiet spirit today. And I think God encouraged me with a verse!
Psalm 65
2 O you who hear prayer,
to you all men will come.
3 When we were overwhelmed by sins,
you forgave our transgressions.


Yes, God hears prayer.

8 Those living far away fear your wonders;
where morning dawns and evening fades
you call forth songs of joy.

9 You care for the land and water it;
you enrich it abundantly.
The streams of God are filled with water
to provide the people with grain,
for so you have ordained it [for that is how you prepare the land].


10 You drench its furrows
and level its ridges;
you soften it with showers
and bless its crops.

11 You crown the year with your bounty,
and your carts overflow with abundance.

12 The grasslands of the desert overflow;
the hills are clothed with gladness.

13 The meadows are covered with flocks
and the valleys are mantled with grain;
they shout for joy and sing.
The part in bold caught my eye, and I read it again a few times. Asked God whether He was trying to tell me anything through this verse.

Think the Holy Spirit explained to me that just as God prepares the physical land to bear fruit by watering it with physical water, so He wants to prepare me and my caregroup and my church by filling us with living water, which refers to Him, the Holy Spirit.

So when our lives are filled up with the Holy Spirit, we'll bear fruit in due time. God's Word + the Holy Spirit = Fruit of the Spirit in our lives.

And it's a sovereign act of grace on God's part. We can do our part to prepare the land... plow it... plant seed... but ultimately we're also dependent on God's grace to water us with His Holy Spirit. Simply because He cares for us.

Yeah! This is the year of preparation. May God prepare all our hearts to begin bearing fruit even as He sends rains of revival down upon us.

Still, I am feeling quite under the weather all the same. I'm CAT 1, Jon joked. Haha... eh, thanks for your patience with me bro. Really appreciate it. :) Just need time to let God teach, rebuke, correct and train me... need Him so much. Have mercy on me, oh God. Be not far from me, O God my Saviour. Come quickly to help me. In Jesus' name, amen.

As morning dawns and evening fades
You inspire songs of praise
That rise from earth to touch Your heart
And glorify Your name

Your name
Is a strong and mighty tower
Your name
Is a shelter like no other
Your name
Let the nations sing it louder
'Cause nothing has the power to save
But Your name

Jesus, in Your name we pray
Come and fill our hearts today
Lord, give us strength to live for You
And glorify Your name

No comments: