Friday, May 30, 2008

Just had an argument with my mum. Thank God we resolved it peacefully... after I lost my temper. And it was over something so small - my not opening the door and windows in my room - she was worried about the air quality.

*pause*

I really need to grow in obeying God in honouring my parents more. And I see more and more how often I break His commands.

And this is such a long way from true maturity for me.

*thinking again*

As I shared with my mum, home is often where the worst part of us comes out most.

So in our context... one of the truest tests of character is how we behave at home, how we are at home.

But thank God too... that home is where the deepest grace and mercy can be found - getting the love that we do not deserve, and not getting the condemnation that we deserve.

How true it is with both my own family and the family of God.

I'm so tired, and spiritually dry. Think the past few days of disappointment, ups and down, like a boat tossed about in a storm have left me spiritually dry. (I remember that teaching by Alan on spiritual dryness... times of disappointment can be a factor in causing spiritual dryness.)

But even tho it's natural, it's important to get out of it asap.
Create in me a clean heart, O God
And renew a right spirit within me
Create in me a clean heart, O God
And renew a right spirit within me

Cast me not away from Thy presence, O Lord
And take not Thy Holy Spirit from me
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation
And renew a right spirit within me

No comments: