Saturday, May 3, 2008

Just came back from meeting up with Clarence. Thank God for this dear bro, feel incredibly blessed by his heart for God. :D In a way he's not tt young as a believer - he backslided for quite a while, but after tt he decided to come back to church last/this year.

One thing he said struck me a lot (to paraphrase him):
"Quite a few people have been wanting to encourage me by telling me how much I've been growing. But I have to remember that the object of my growth shouldn't be growth itself, but rather, God. I don't want to grow for the sake of hearing people tell me how much I've grown. But rather, I want to grow to know God more, to love Him more."


It really warmed my heart so much to hear that. :) Love God, love people.
Micah 6:8
"And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God."

:)

Went down yesterday to NUS to visit the bros and sisters mugging for their exams. Finally saw the ginger kitten that Uncle Huanyan was telling me about. :) It's oh-so-cute...







It's so frail and tiny - you just feel so moved when you see it. :) Wonder how God sees the little kitten. =)
All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all

Huanyan and I fed the kitten using a syringe. The kitten sucked HY's fingers - you could hear the little suckling sounds. And the funny thing was, it saw the syringe as a competitor, and tried to brush it away. So I squirted some milk onto HY's finger and the kitten sucked the milk, while I kept dripping more milk onto the finger.

Joyce and her friend came by, and they were joking how "maternal" we were. :P Ah laugh some more... this is good training for future fathers ok... increase our "market value" LOL!

But oh yeah, thank God for Joyce. Had a good time of catching up with her over dinner the day before, and we also bought a milk dropper for the kitten. (But think we'll have to use it later on, when kitty's bigger.)

Gotta sleep now. Am still having writer's block on the video script. It's ... painful, just thinking and struggling through the script. Like crawling through a desert. Sad. Need to keep praying... and to ask for help!

Thank God for Lois' timely encouragement:
"He will make rivers in the desert ;)
Isa 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert."


Amen! If He is able to make water gush out of a rock in the desert, then He is more than able to make creative juices flow out of my stone head. :P LOL! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him indeed...

No comments: