Monday, May 12, 2008

Back from Global Day of Prayer!


"For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea".
Habakkuk 2:14

Was chatting with a friend about this on MSN just now... for more details, check her blog! :)

so exciting
really can sense the unity of the Spirit
i had the blessing of being able to pray tog with this older bro
who was praying v fervently
he's frm wesley methodist church
and he even offered to give me a lift home if i needed
am blessed by his generosity
tink one of the most touching moments
tt made me ... ahem... cry a bit
was seeing how all the flags of the nations
were gathered before Jesus
just really felt so burdened
to see all the nations won to His glory
ev'ry nation, ev'ry tribe, ev'ry ppl, ev'ry language
so cool
:D


Hee! Thank God for His grace and faithfulness... I managed to reach to pray for Singapore and for the Government... I personally prayed for God's wisdom and anointing and protection and good health to be upon our Prime Minister...

But yeah! the unity of the churches... seriously... I think God has been answering our prayers the past 2 years... just sense in my own heart a greater taste and experience... my own church too... we are working more and more with the other churches in Singapore... what a great joy to see the corporate unity of the Church in Singapore!

And the song! "Stand up, stand up for Jesus!" It's very manly... to the point it put a hard lump in my throat. 'Cos one of the stanzas really spoke to me:
Stand up, stand up for Jesus, the trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict, in this His glorious day.
Ye that are men now serve Him against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger, and strength to strength oppose.
And seeing all the flags of the nations waving back and forth... it brought tears to my eyes, because I knew that I was starting to see with my own eyes the vision God had given me back in 2002... the great multitude that no one can count, from ev'ry nation, tribe, people and language.

It makes my heart jump with joy every time I see just a little glimpse of the great multitude that He promised in Revelation 7:9-10:
After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

And they cried out in a loud voice:
"Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb."

All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying:
"Amen!
Praise and glory
and wisdom and thanks and honor
and power and strength
be to our God for ever and ever.
Amen!"



Imagine! We - ordinary mortals like you and me - one day shall cry this very declaration before the Lamb of God... and you know what? The mightest angels, the wisest elders, the holiest living creatures - all of them can only bow down before God and say, "Amen!"

It's such a sheer joy, thinking of the humble privilege that God allows us - mere humans - to make this amazing declaration of God's salvation! And the sinless angels can only look in awe at this mystery... they can never ever sing redemption's song... for they have never known the joy of being saved.
Oh how marvellous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
Oh how marvellous! O how wonderful!
Is my Saviour's love for me...


Hee! :) So ... happy. It is so exciting indeed to see what the Lord is going to do in the days to come.
And though these are days of great trial,
Of famine and darkness and sword,
Still, we are the voice in the desert crying
'Prepare ye the way of the Lord!'

Behold He comes riding on the clouds,
Shining like the sun at the trumpet call;
Lift your voice, it's the Year of Jubilee,
For out of Zion's hill salvation comes!


I took some pics! Saw Huanyan and Minchen there. Had a good supper with Jason, Clarence and Rachel. :D Really very blessed to see them. Shall upload soon!

No comments: