Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hiskandar's Wedding =)


Hiskandar and his beautiful wife. =)

We were classmates in RI in Sec 1 and 2. Very nice guy (with a great sense of humour)... He still looks the same after all these years!

Anyway thank God I caught him in time... he's working in Ministry of Foreign Affairs and will be posted to Abu Dhabi in June for the next 3 years. He told me to go look for him should I go to the UAE one of these days, and he'll show me around, etc. etc.

=) See, I told you he was a very nice guy.

Anyway my first time attending a Malay wedding. Unsure what to give the couple since it was a Malay wedding - "Hongbaos? I'm not sure..." - so bought them a nice pair of deer (the toys, not the animals) instead.

Then, I saw his best man packing up what looked like none other than... you guessed it. Hongbaos. In all their scarlet splendour.

LOL! We Singaporeans truly live in a multi-cultural society. =D
Posted by Picasa


Personally, it was a meaningful time for me. Malay weddings are "can come in any time, free and easy, eat all you can, friend!" events. Not like the highly structured Chinese wedding dinners... I've also heard that Latin American and African parties are like that - "can come in any time..."

Thank God for the blessing of living in a multicultural country like Singapore. Really appreciating this blessing, especially after the Missions Night a few days ago. It was very impactful and meaningful. Both Jason and I were sharing to one another how God renewed the sparks for missions in our hearts.

To be completely His.

No comments: