Friday, May 23, 2008

Ironmen In The Making! :D

Watched Indy Jones with Jonathan. Whoa! It's good! :D Like the show a lot. Lots of action and chase-scenes. Fantastic... true-blue Indy tradition!

Haha... ok, I liked the show. =D

Jonathan shared with me on his own initiative what he learnt from his Bible reading of Luke. Whoa. Really thank God for him. Was very blessed and encouraged, not only because he's reading the Bible more now - but especially because of his teachable heart. :D And actually I was very refreshed by what he shared with me - I learnt a few new insights from what he shared. :D LOL! "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." In other words, we become Ironmen. :D See, the Bible really has the answer to everything for life, even how to become an Ironman. :D Marvel-lous!

But especially blessed to see his humility and realness, and willing heart to listen... even when I scold him at times. I'm reminded constantly of this Scripture that says, "being confident of this, that He who began a good work in [Jonathan] will carry it on to completion till the day of Christ Jesus." I can only say that it's God who is working in his life, day by day, bit by bit, metre by metre. Being conformed to the image of Christ, being sanctified, being purified... all this is a daily process. When was growth ever easy, and when was it ever quick? But God will make you and me grow, no matter how long it takes - as long as you and I are willing to surrender just a little more of ourselves TODAY to Him. To learn to die to our old selves a little more each day... so that in dying to ourselves, we then find life overflowing out of where we died.

Think shepherding really is by faith. Ultimately, it's God who can work through people's lives to touch other people's lives. Why He wants to do that? I have no idea, save for the fact that He very much prefers to do so. It's a mystery to me indeed... But yeah, I must constantly shower and bathe my sheep in prayer... in fact, I am sinning against God when I fail to pray for my sheep, for all those He has entrusted to my care.

What Samuel the prophet told the people of Israel:
1 Samuel 12:23
As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right.


Wow. :D The Lord really is Jonathan's shepherd... and He is my shepherd too. :D

Oh. Iron + sheep... you know, that gives me a lame joke idea.

Q: Why couldn't the hungry wolves eat the sheep?
A: Because the sheep had steel wool.

Get it?













Never mind. You must be a bit rusty. :P Haha!

No comments: