Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Be Still, and Know He Is God...

Something happened today that affected me very much.

So called up Weizhu.

One thing that he shared with me was besides pouring out my feelings to God, I also need to be still and listen to Him share.

I need His presence. There are so many depths of feelings within me - "deep calls to deep". It hurts, and something I realised is that in an attempt to delete away memories related to the pain, it only served to reawaken even more memories, which made the feeling of pain even worse.

So realised that this is not the way.

Just feel this yawning ache within me.

The only way to heal the heart is to go to Jesus, He who bore all my sins on the cross for me... and be still. To kneel before Him and let Him be my Lord and Master once again.


Now reading Psalm 46. :)

It strengthened my heart very much more.

And to be honest, I think God is whispering to me in the midst of all my fears, anger and confusion...

He is asking me to face my deepest fear full-on.

I'm thinking right now whether I have the strength to endure the long, hard road ahead. Especially if He calls me to go church-planting.

I fear I don't have the courage or strength to persevere, but ... I remember Hebrews 12:2 admonishing me to fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith.

Yes, Lord... I will fix my eyes daily, as long as it is called Today, unto You Lord Jesus. The pain is there daily, but You told me this is the way of the cross - deny myself and take up my cross daily and follow You.

Ten years, and You have never ever disappointed me. For You are Faithful and True.
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
Selah

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.

5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.

6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah

8 Come and see the works of the LORD,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.

9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields with fire.

10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah


:)
So I'll trust in You now anew
Though my struggles be not few
For You said that to You follow
We'd have to bow down low

So daily our crosses we'll now carry
Though it'd be much easier to tarry
Still yet better not to grow weary
Even though our years ahead look dreary

For You care for us so dear
That we have nothing to fear
And You daily give us strength
To run the race to its utmost length.

No comments: