Saturday, May 17, 2008

Feeling tired and melancholic now. Was surfing xkcd webcomic, and while meaningful, the contents are not healthy for a tired mind... they talk about romance and etc so on.

Waiting upon God requires patient endurance. Jason asked me on the way back from the New Testament course today: "If God wanted you to pray for the gift of celibacy, would you pray?"

I thought for a while and replied, "Of course I would. It's a gift, and what a joy it is not to be hindered by these constant desires for a relationship. The gift of celibacy is truly a gift from God. There are some things that a single missionary can do that a married missionary cannot do."

"But I would also pray for the strength to withstand the external pressures. Societal pressures - my parents prodding me, friends, concerned bros and sisters... I'd need His help to stand firm and not yield."

No comments: