Sunday, September 23, 2007

Wow! :) A Quiet Confidence!

Wow! Just really want to share a testimony about how God helped me make a breakthrough.

It's in the area of social adeptness... relevance, if you'd like to call it. :)

Went down to ST in Jurong for its 40th Anniversary Event. Prayed that God'll help me know more of my colleagues, since I didn't really know anyone there. (I was "arrowed" in other words! ;D)

Then met a new colleague, and bumped into two of my colleagues. Remembering Robert's advice about quiet confidence, and drawing encouragement from God's promise in 1 Timothy, where it says, "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

And it's very encouraging indeed. I'm not sure how to describe the feeling, but think it's like... for the first time, people actually talk to you, and you can sense that you are "part of their clique"... and you're "one of us".

It's a joyful feeling - perhaps not so much of being accepted as part of a group, though that's a nice feeling - but rather, I see the power of God's Word to decisively, powerfully and visibly transform a really broken part of my life. Finally I see a breakthrough! This is so... unlike the old Yeu Ann whom I knew. :)

It's a very small thing, I do think, but praise Jesus! :D He is the God who makes you and me grow to completion!

Then will the eyes of the blind be opened,
and the ears of the deaf unstopped
Then will the lame leap like a deer,
and the mute tongue shout for joy!


I couldn't have ever done this alone on my own. Never. Because I tried on my own strength, and failed miserably.

But somehow Christ has made it such that the brothers and sisters in church are key strategic allied partners with Him in changing other people's lives. A long chain of brothers in the past 9 years, from Alan Tea to David Chan to Wenjiang to Chong Yeow to Hon Loong to Guoqiang to Weizhu to Peter, and many dear friends e.g. Robert, Kim Chun, Zewei, Shirley, Yufen, Sijia, Hanhui, Huaqiang, Sharon, Tianlong, Chi Yen, Shenteng and countless other people - they all played their God-given roles in planting a small seed here, a small seed there - be it a word of rebuke, a word of correction, a word of comfort, a word of encouragement, a word of hope...

And especially thank God for Robert's advice and the Bible verse that he shared with me on Friday night, which really, really helped me a lot. :D Thank God so much for you dear bro. :D

I've been a very long time growing in this area, but it has all been adding up. I know there will be so many more obstacles that lie ahead, but by the power of His Word, the power of His Spirit, and the power of His Church...
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

I'm very excited to grow in this area, because I really do want to grow to be what He destined me to be... and to grow in quiet confidence that bears testimony to God's power to give me a deep abiding strength... That I may attract other people... but not to myself, but towards Jesus Christ, the Light of the World!

Hee! :) there's more, there's so much more... but... it IS very encouraging! :D thank You Jesus!

And this verse is still as powerful to me as the day I first received Christ in 1997... "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation - the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

AMEN and HALLELUJAH! :D

No comments: