Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Evan Almighty

Just came back from watching Evan Almighty with QN. Whoa, it was a very good show - I'm definitely going to recommend this as a video resource for the children's ministry. Family values, courage, and lots of silly slapstick comedy - our dear Antoine-Egoish reviewers in Life newspaper may not love it, but to borrow a wonderful phrase from Mr Gusteau in Ratatouille, "ANYONE can cook (a good story)!"

As Qiannuo and I walked out of the theatre, he said thoughtfully, "You know, it's a very good show. I especially like that part where God asks Evan, 'If you pray for courage, do you want to receive it?'"

"Oh! That's nice! But, err... why is it meaningful to you?"

"Because God was telling Evan that if you want to have courage, you need to have opportunities to exercise courage."

"Wow... I see what you mean! Yeah, I agree, it's very meaningful."

Think something I really treasure in Qiannuo is how he has very childlike and clear insights into various things. It's simple but not shallow. I really think he's a super-contemplative kind of person - and that's the way that God made him to be. He can make deep and strong observations that most of us wouldn't even give a second glance to.

Think I am learning more from his Bible reading than I am from my own... :P haha... need to practise asking more questions like how he asks me questions, so that I can learn from his observations too. Thank You Lord, for sending me a dear brother during this period.

*******
And... I'm meeting Seeto tomorrow! We're from the same sub-district too... he's working in a company near the Techpoint building, so that means we can meet up for lunch. Hope to have more time to fellowship together... maybe we can have lunch-time fellowship soon (hopefully!).

Gee! Very exciting... one seed here, one seed there... and we see the Lord is building up an Acts community in our workplace sectors. To be honest, it's like what this pastor from Botswana shared about planting a community in Botswana: "It really is not easy, and you need a lot of determination and persistence."

Yes... I expect a lot of disappointments, to be honest, in the days to come, and setbacks. But every great struggle calls for great costs. But after reading of Paul's struggles and the Lord's provisions and protection in the book of Acts, I know two things for sure:

1. I WILL HAVE TROUBLE. AND IT WILL NOT BE EASY AT ALL.
2. BUT MY GOD IS BIGGER THAN ALL THE TROUBLES IN THE WORLD.

And first the suffering, then the glory! "Did not the Christ have to suffer all these things, and then enter into His glory?"

I don't expect a permanent community to be established. I don't think it's feasible. After all, every tree has a lifespan. But I really hope and pray to see this tiny little fellowship grow and give root to more communities and fellowships. Don't know how it will go, don't know what we can do, but do know that the Lord Jesus takes our five loaves and two fishes, and He uses them to feed the hungry multitudes. Yeah! :D *does the Evan Almighty Dance* XD

No comments: