Monday, September 10, 2007

A bro's advice:
approach my mum when she's in a better mood. "All women are like that..." - not to put my fellow sisters down, but yes, i think they really would prefer very much more to be approached at a better timing, etc.

Whereas for brothers, just getting down and talking directly is a pretty straightforward thing. I remember a MACHO Turbo gathering where we were discussing stuff, and I got angry and scolded some of them. Then one of the other bros was angry too. But after that, we sat down to discuss, and I'm pretty sure that that incident brought us closer together. (He shared that during the brothers' farewell gathering.)

Something that I realised is that women, in general, are really sensitive. Hmm. Lots more to learn.

You know, it seems that when you transit over into Adults ministry, somehow, the differences between the bros and sisters seem so much more pronounced. Maybe i'm just being blur and not observant, but it seemed to me that those days back in uni, when we encouraged the bros and sisters to gather together in worship, to mingle around more.

Perhaps one problem is that when we come into Adults, there is this underlying expectation and hope of finding your life partner. And I think the feeling is mutual on both sides. Suddenly, there is this increased air of self-consciousness...

But to be honest, I'm not sure how healthy this is. There is the family element too to consider - the fact that we are brothers and sisters in Christ.

Hmm! Just a pondering.

Oh! I should start writing some stories too. Ps Jeff wrote about the importance of telling stories, and I realised that stories can minister to the human heart like nothing else can...

No comments: