Monday, April 30, 2007

Wow, it's been quite a while since I last updated this. Been very busy with my freelance work.

Turned down the NCS offer, because OT's too extreme - including having to work on Sundays. The horror stories I heard are too many to be taken lightly. Asked Peter, Huaqiang and Alan for their advice. Peter and I prayed together to God for guidance... and yes, the reply from God is very clear: Have faith in Him, and choose to make the decision to honour Him.

And the decision to honour Him here is not taking up a job that means working on Sundays. Because I really want to set aside Sunday for God, and also time to serve Him and fellowship too. And God put the same verse (it's from 1 Samuel) into Peter's mind and mine at the same time too: "Those who honour Me, I will honour..."

And thank God, I've got another interview. This Wednesday 10 am. And I'll be starting on a temp job of sorts - though it could be a full-time one if I choose - at a startup company next Monday. :) It's in NUS... so give me a call for lunch if you're around in the area!

Excited, and waiting with bated breath, to see how God is going to work everything out for His glory. That reminds me, had lunch with Winnie today. She has the same attitude too... really thank God for her heart to honour Him in her work - I'm praying that God will bless her likewise too!

And also was chatting with Huanyan today. Very encouraged to see how the younger brothers are rising up to take care of God's people in the NUS ministry. As HY was happily saying, we have more MALE leaders... PRAISE GOD!!! It's not the skills or the knowledge... it's the broken heart of willingness indeed that God is looking for. Who will He send? And who will go for them?

Think God's challenging me to rise up too. Not in aspiring for a title, but to learn the necessary life-skills of making good decisions, growing in wisdom and the like. Stirred in heart, because this verse keeps coming to my mind: "Don't let anyone look down on you bcos you are young, but set an example for the believers..."

Stirred in heart, because I see my life as inadequate, falling short of God's standard... but full of hope now, because with His Spirit, all transformation is possible. We will not be disappointed when we trust in Him. "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in Him will never be disappointed."

I feel an increasing conviction that the Word of God really is so powerful and so rich, full of wisdom. I really want a heart that child-likely accepts His Word, takes it as it is, and just claim it and act according to what it says. Because I see this in the lives of the younger ones - and with these young believers' childlike faith in God and His promises, there's really hope for the next generation to come! They set an example for me...

There's so much more to write about these past few days. :D Especially about how God is helping me take a step of faith to trust Him. I guess it may seem a very small thing to others, but personally, for me, it's a big breakthrough - very very very exciting!

Think this is one way how we can prevent staleness from hindering our walk with God... when we choose to take God at His Word, and step out of our comfort zones in obedience to what He says... then you can really really experience the thrill and excitement and even nervousness when choosing to stand up for Jesus! And the joy and delight when you see how Daddy answers your prayers... often it's beyond what you barely dared to imagine!

Just really feel His assurance in my heart that He will give me the best job for me, that fits what He intended me to do. Because since we are going to work for one-third of our lives, why not make our calling our work? Kill two birds with one stone...

(It's not make our work our calling; it's make our calling our work!)

We must, we must, we must not be afraid to trust God to provide for us in ways we cannot imagine. If we know what His calling is for us, then we must NOT be disobedient to His calling! Because that is how we can discover what exactly our life's meaning is!

And if we don't know our calling, then we must seek God in faith! Because He has already promised to reward those who earnestly seek Him!

And we DO know our grand calling as followers of Christ... the Great Commission! To make disciples of all nations! To help them experience the Trinity in all His fullness! And to teach them to obey the life-transforming commands of Jesus Christ!

Hee, it's really so exciting when you choose to have faith in God... no matter how small the faith is, Jesus said it can move MOUNTAINS, if only we believe! For nothing is impossible with God! :D Amen and Hallelujah!

No comments: