Monday, April 16, 2007

Just some reflections from my quiet time today - of Grace and Peace

Was reading John 1, and while I was reading it, was thinking again about my dear friend. Then think the Lord spoke to me this verse regarding my friend and me: "[John the Baptist] himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world."

Think He told me that I'm not the light; I'm only a witness to the light. My responsibility, really, is simply be a witness to the light.

Grace...


And I think He also brought to my attention the verses that spoke about grace and truth. Especially grace.

"... who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."
"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another."
"For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."

"No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known."

Think this also confirms the thought that I had in my mind when I was praying one or two nights ago. That God wants me to show more grace to more people.

Feel paiseh sharing this. But think it's good for me to remember that Jesus is the God of all grace after all.

And I think He's showing me grace too, even though He knows I've failed already.

Yeah, think that could be it. After sharing with Shawn (sorry to trouble you bro... and thank you SO MUCH for listening... I'm super-touched by how you literally set aside everything to listen to me share my burden) last Saturday, I took some time to sit back and search my heart. To allow the Spirit to examine my heart.

Then think it's a gradual revelation of sorts. That I am seeing where I failed, and didn't give my best... and where the problem is not mine, but the other person's. And giving AND receiving grace, on both sides, and being thankful to God for what is still there. Beauty from pain, I guess you could say that. :)

Grace. I think He really wants me to be full of it too. Not just truth, but also grace. "...but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."

... and Peace


Maybe it's that sense of loss and pain in my heart, that I'm finding it hard to let go and trust Him.

So appropriate then, what Ps Jeff shared during Sunday that Jesus gives us PEACE.

John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid."


Ps Jeff continued: "We are fearful because we are not in control."

Yah. Think I just need to let go of this issue, and just show grace... not forgetting that this really is one of the most powerful things of God that can... prayerfully... touch a person's heart, where truth has failed to enter. Think the grace of God is the key that helps to melt even the coldest and hardest hearts. It's the wildcard, it's the royal flush, the coup de grâce (pun unintended!) of God to Satan's worst tricks. Where Jesus took the full blow on the cross, died... and rose again on the third day, putting even Death to death. :)

Because this is not my battle. This is the Lord's battle. And I would do well to remember on whose side I'm supposed to be on. He's my Shepherd... and my Commander! :)

Yes, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Amen and praise the Lord! :)

No comments: