Friday, April 20, 2007

Wow, another interview! :D And I almost missed it... but God is gracious! :D

Just really want to share a testimony of God's goodness to me... :) Yesterday I was half-asleep, when I saw this number on my handphone: 65565440.

Since I was half-asleep, I thought it was my own home number, and wondered why someone was calling my handphone from my own home. As I was thinking about it, I fell asleep again and forgot about it.

Then, this morning, while working on some freelance project, I saw the same number on my handphone again. At first I thought it was my own home number again. Then took a second look at it, and realised that it wasn't my home number after all... So answered the phone call. Turns out it was a job interview offer from National Computer Systems! :D Wow! Thank God so much...

Realised the confusion was because my home number is very, very similar to NCS's number... Wow. and I almost missed the phone call... really thank You Father for Your grace indeed...

Hmm... so what can I learn from this experience, recalling yesterday's unit 242 in which Dehua shared about the value of faith, and Peter's wonderful testimony of how God rewarded his faith in Him?

Hmm... think the first thing is that... God really has been very kind to me. This verse comes to mind:
Psalm 37:23-24
If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;
though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand.


Even though I tend to be very blur at times and make stupid mistakes many times, it's really such a joy and peace to know this promise of God, that as long as our hearts are set on following His way, then no matter how weak we are, He will catch us and uphold us safely again.

Then... second thing... think something I'm reminded from Peter's testimony about his job search is that when we stick true to God and hold on to our dreams to do something good for Him, no matter how difficult it is, He will reward our faith in Him in due time. Hebrews 11:6... "...for He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."

Then, third thing... hmm... I was asking God for a sign too, to show me exactly what area of media does He want me to excel in... so far think the only sign I have so far is that He's given me a strength in doing videography and documentaries. And I guess, also, programming is something that is an essential skill that I think He wants me to sharpen, 'cos new media requires quite a bit of knowledge of programming and technology. And this skill complements other peoples' talents in other areas e.g. Peter's design talents.

It strike me that there is one more principle that I can extract too:
If we want to impact the media industry for Christ through excellence of skills... we need to do it as a team. For instance, Sijia's very talented in music, and Ziwei's very talented in artwork... Peter's very talented in design and illustration (and his trademark humour too)... and I do have programming skills and video experience... so hee, if we were to set up a media company next time, wow, Together Everyone Achieves More (T.E.A.M!). Hey! We could make that the company name... T.E.A.M. (or M.E.A.T., if you're feeling carnivorous...)

Yup, just thinking... :D and thank God, whatever happens! :D

No comments: