Thursday, April 12, 2007

Father, I place into Your hands...

Father, I place into Your hands
The things I cannot do.
Father, I place into Your hands
The things that I’ve been through.
Father, I place into Your hands
The way that I should go,
For I know I always can trust You.

Father, I place into Your hands
My friends and family.
Father, I place into Your hands
The things that trouble me.
Father, I place into Your hands
The person I would be,
For I know I always can trust You.

Father, we love to see Your face,
We love to hear Your voice.
Father, we love to sing Your praise
And in Your name rejoice.
Father, we love to walk with You
And in Your presence rest,
For we know we always can trust You.

Father, I want to be with You
And do the things You do.
Father, I want to speak the words
That You are speaking too.
Father, I want to love the ones
That You will draw to You,
For I know that I am one with You.


Just really want to share how God touched my heart just now, and really spoke to me...

Because I've been increasingly troubled by a dear friend and my family this week. To be honest, it was something in my heart building up over the week, till today I was feeling very frustrated in heart. Found myself becoming increasingly critical and angry towards many people... and in a way, because of the burden and helplessness I felt in my heart for my friend and family. Somehow felt like my heart's a frayed rope, snapping strand by strand, with the burden. Not that I would be exploding or breaking down so dramatically... but just felt so burdened and heartbroken for my friend and family.

Knew that God's concerned for them too... but told Him I really don't know what to do next. Should I carry on scolding or correcting or persuading or what? To be gentle or to be harsh? To say what? To do what?

Then somehow, just really felt a longing in my heart to listen to this song: "Father I place into Your hands"...

Played it back, and listened... somehow, the music really soothed my heart.

Finally, just felt so ... at the end of my rope that I just stopped everything I was doing, and just prayed to God while listening to the music.

Then, decided to go look for the lyrics (because I couldn't quite make out the words in the song). And when I found the lyrics... the very first words I saw were:

Father, I place into Your hands
My friends and family.
Father, I place into Your hands
The things that trouble me.

Father, I place into Your hands
The person I would be,
For I know I always can trust You.


These words just make me want to cry. Because I knew without a doubt that God heard my prayers and questions... and answered.

Am so touched, I just want to share this with you, because I know even deeper now, just how much He loves, not only me, but also my friends and family. His heart is really so, so, so concerned for them... in fact, He died for them on the cross to save them from their sins! His love for every person on the planet is very real!

So just want to encourage all my dear friends, whether Christian or not, that God really loves your friends and families... He knows exactly everything that is going on in their lives, and no matter how helpless you may feel... I just want to encourage you that you always can trust in Him. =) Do pray to God when you feel helpless... for He is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2012 after 7 years of struggling with an issue in prayer the words from this 'blast from the past' song came to my mind. I looked online to find all the words which are all so meaningful--& found your post. Amen to all you say- I know the Lord has heard me.