Sunday, April 8, 2007

Good Friday Service - "Why?"

At Good Friday/Easter service, they played a very beautiful animation plus the song "why" by Nicole Nordeman.

It was so unbearably beautiful that I could hardly bear to look at the screen.

As I watch the animation, it becomes more and more unbearable. I scream inwardly and grit my teeth and pray silently: "Stop, stop! Take Him down from the cross... I BELONG THERE, NOT HIM!!!!!!!"

And dear God, I tremble in my heart, knowing that it was supposed to be ME there, carrying the cross for my sins. And yet... He took my place instead. An innocent, sinless Man.

Oh I can't describe just how much it wrenches my heart to realise that there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop Him from taking my place - because He did it already. And yet, the pain is so real... because I know this: "I am why He must die."

And thank God so much that I feel that sense of pain that wrenches my heart more and more each year. I think it's a healthy thing, because it helps me realise that I have really grown in depth of knowing a little more of how much it really cost Him to pay the full bloody price for all my sins.

And if the pain I feel is just for one person - ME - then how, how, how much was the pain that He felt that terrible Day, when He bore the sins of the WHOLE world on His shoulders?

*tremble*

Thank God He is RISEN INDEED! And what a joy to know that ALL my sins, past, present and even future, have been fully forgiven in His name! Wow... I really nodded my head, when Ps Jeff shared from John 8 that Jesus is QUICK to forgive... I still remember that day back in 2005, when I finally turned back to God and confessed my pride and other sins to Him... He somehow helped me understand experientially just how QUICK He is to forgive my sins.

Wow. I'd always known in my head how quick He is to forgive... but till that day when I turned back to Him with all my heart, I'd never known in my heart just really how quick... in fact, He is more eager to forgive us than we are to confess! Never saw such a man like Jesus... He truly is the Son of God!

No comments: