Thursday, April 5, 2007

Just some random thoughts

Am now revamping my resume yet again after some sisters' feedback (special thanks to Guannie who so nicely pointed out tt my design looked like an eye-test chart *stares hard*)...

It's late in the night. But just read some friends' blogs. Very blessed by Yuantao's comments on Shuyi's blog... whoa, it's really so heartfelt, that it really melts my heart as I read it. Couldn't look fully thru all the sentences - they were that intense. Wow... so amazing how God's love can really really warm a person's heart so much! :D

So amazed... to be honest, i had thought for a long time that Chinese people were all pretty closed to the gospel, or if they accepted it, would be nominal, half-hearted, etc... or struggle because of language difficulties or maybe not understand...

But after seeing how God touched Yuantao's heart, it really opens my eyes to the beautiful truth that Peter exclaimed in Acts 10:
"I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right."

Truly, the gospel is for EVERY NATION! think this adds extra fire to my heart that one day, I must leave the safe shores of Singapore to help share God's love with those around me. I'm so glad that in NUS, I had the blessed opportunity to meet people from many walks of life... whether Chinese or Malay or Indian or Indonesian... or even French or Dutch or German... and oh yes, Mexicans too :)

That reminds me. Last night, I met up with Kangwei for dinner - he treated me to lasagne and marbled cheesecake and simply deliscrumptious chocolate milkshake - and among some things we chatted about, I shared with him that I was thinking of going over to New York one day to take a Masters in Fine Arts for cinematography.

And also he gave me some really excellent advice regarding interviews and resumes and the like... I scribbled them down on a napkin. (Shame that I had wiped my mouth on it previously...)



Just chatted with Joyce over the phone. Great time of fellowship and praying for one another over the phone.

And will be meeting Swee Leong tomorrow in school to catch up on various things. Really very blessed by him.

Met up with Flince and Zhiwei at Spinelli's. Great time of chatting... Zhiwei and I went down to IT Coop to browse around. We ended up playing a mean game of Tomb Raider. And Minesweeper too. Haha...

Minchen chatted with me, said sorry for not chatting with me for so long. Haha... no lah... very blessed by this dear friend.

Tomorrow shall be meeting June and Huichun for lunch. Been ages.

Shuyi and I prayed prophetically for one another. The verse tt Shuyi prophesied over me really spoke to me and encouraged me very, very much. Psalm 73. Wow. Thank God for your faith and trust in Him, dear sis! :D

Joy asked me whether want to join some bros and sisters for games at Settlers' Cafe. Couldn't make it in the end. Haiz. But thank God for her invitation all the same.

Yufen shared a very exciting and inspiring testimony with some of us at HQ how she and some Life Science Christian friends all sang a very beautiful song in front of the entire lecture theatre.

Blessed and comforted by Jiadai's words of encouragement.

Gosh. So many more people to meet up and catch up. Thank God for each and every one of you. :)

No comments: