Thursday, April 29, 2010

Please Lord

Shout it aloud, do not hold back
Raise your voice like a trumpet
Declare to my people their rebellion
and to the house of Jacob their sins


Jesus my life is a mess
Please Lord You were right all along
Won't You come and pull me from this clay
And plant in my mouth a brand new song

You who commanded the dry bones
Please enflesh this poor ghoul
Oh Jesus, the Word become flesh
I plead with You, restore my soul

O futile efforts and cursed despair
Jesus deliver me from the clay of Flanders
And plant this bruised reed in the valley of Jezreel
Far, far away from sunless fields of slander

Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
And will raise up the age-old foundations
You will be called Repairer of Broken Walls,
Restorer of Streets with Dwellings

No comments: