Monday, April 26, 2010

Faith. =) The past week has been tough. But we shall speak words of faith anyway.

I can't do anything to stop the flaming arrows coming, but I can raise up the shield of faith to stop and extinguish them. But I guess one cannot always stay there on the receiving end. One has to also purposely take out the sword of the Spirit and keep advancing onto the enemy.

You know, let's keep speaking words of faith. I have had my discouragements and loss of hope before. But thank God for His encouragement and pulling me up again by my hand. Through this time, I see the presence of God even more clearly.

Through this week, I can see that God has been showing me clearly through various incidents and signs and Bible passages the word: "faith". And also, "worship". I think the two are interlinked together. Thank God so much for Peter, Kin Wee and Weizhu who really encouraged me through this time of depression. Thank God for Peter's caring and encouraging SMS especially.


*pause* The surprising thing is, a lot of those brothers and sisters whom you thought would at least care to ask, turned out to be as reliable as a broken tooth - and those you didn't even think of asking for help - let alone those who aren't Christians... God used them to help and minister to you in your time of need. "The first shall be last, and the last shall be first." Classic case of the Good Samaritan as compared to the "holy" priest and the Levite?

To be honest, I am tempted to feel upset and bitter even, and say "what's the point of being a friend to those who are supposed to be your friends, but aren't?" But I'm reminded of Paul's attitude here. 2 Tim 4:16 "At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them."

Just some thoughts.

No comments: