Monday, April 26, 2010

"Call Me Ishmael."

No, I haven't changed my baptism name. It's the opening line from Moby Dick. But there's a deeper meaning to this. Sitting back... I'm reminded to be thankful for what God has indeed blessed me with.

For the prophecies during the service today. Ironically, HopeKids service today was about praising God even when we don't feel like it. And... I really didn't feel like it. But I went down for my own adults service, since I had acted in the children's skit earlier, telling the children that we should (should as in "You should taste this - you'll love it!") praise God even when we don't feel like it... have to lah. I didn't want to be a hypocrite... children are very fast to observe discrepancies.

Not in a super-sian spirit... but I did go with expectancy, because I remembered this verse about David getting up to worship the Lord right after his baby son had died, despite all his pleading and prayer. And thank God so much... He really rewards those who earnestly seek Him. He is faithful and true!

The two prophecies were about faith, and about those worrying and feeling low. I was so touched that God would speak to me in such a real way... nothing less than a service-level prophecy to minister to me. Ishmael. God hears. And the service was my Beer Lahai Roi. The well of the Living One who sees me.

:) And Peter's SMS. It's so about faith. Keep walking on.

Faith. Faith. Faith. The righteous shall live by faith.

And thank God too for Spencer and Jonathan. How can I forget? :P Very blessed by Jon. The quiet but thoughtful and sweet acts of kindness that he did for me. And his willing spirit and commitment to being discipled and growing. I'm so glad that he has been growing in learning to love others more, and start putting God's Word into practice. Spiritual growth. God makes Jon grow, in His own timing. Someone planted the seed, I watered it, but God made it grow.

Spencer, also for his heart of care and concern too. Oh, he's been Samwise Gamgee to me a lot of times. Truly a Godsend. =)

No comments: