Sunday, March 28, 2010

Time To Let Go

Ecclesiastes 3:5-6
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away...
Thank God for Peter. =)

"How do I know how much is my part, and how much is God's part?"

"Hmm... I think it's move in tandem. In tandem. Not too much, not too little."

And I understood clearly. "Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. If He asks me to go a hundred metres, don't go a kilometre." And don't go a metre only either.

"If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Perhaps you should just let go at this point in time."

Where He leads, I must go. Where He calls, I must follow. Use reasonable judgement to determine how much to give in respond to what I understand the Holy Spirit to be telling me to go. And I know He has been gently prompting me to let go. And confirming through my dear shepherd.

I feel like Abraham deciding whether to sacrifice his Isaac.


Now learn to let go and move on. It feels painful and tough, but I know I can trust God, no matter how much it hurts to let go. For to die is to live. To live is Christ, to die is gain...

Still, I am afraid. Of the cold winter's night to come.
Oh, God, make small
The old star-eaten blanket of the sky,
That I may fold it round me and in comfort lie.
- T. E. Hulme

No comments: