Monday, March 22, 2010

A Common Love

John 13:34-35
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Galatians 6:10
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

A common love for each other
A common gift to the Saviour
A common bond holding us to the Lord
A common strength when we're weary
A common hope for tomorrow
A common joy in the truth of God's word

In His family we can meet each one's needs
We can light each one's path
We can bear each one's griefs
As His children we can comfort each care
We can build each one's faith
We can work, we can share

In His family all the love that we show
All the help that we give
All the life we bestow
As His children there's an offering we make
Not expecting return
Just a gift for His sake


I really, really, really love my church. And I'm so proud of Hope, for all her successes, failures and what-not... we are still loving God and one another. This is indeed a family... to be strong and to lean on. May we always learn to love each other more with each new day, and may the Spirit help us pray that we might always be a true family... to the very end when the Lord Jesus returns! Amen and amen. Thank You Papa for answering my prayer for a good church to grow in, 12 years ago, that You chose Hope to be my spiritual family and home. :') I really love the church. I really do.

No comments: