Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Had A Dream

I had a sad dream. I hope it doesn't happen the way I saw it. I dream two dear friends in church died very suddenly, separately. That startled me. Even tho it didn't happen in front of me, when I heard about it (I'm saying this happened only in my dream), I was stunned in the way that it doesn't seem to affect you initially, but after a few hours, the full magnitude overwhelms you gradually. Still, I saw myself hesitating whether to call my friend's bf to ask him how he felt, as I knew that he would probably not show it very expressively, yet, people would have been asking him a lot. And so on and so forth. And about my other friend, I saw myself asking other friends in the dream what happened to this friend overseas. I found myself going from person to person, worriedly.

And the dream seemed so real.

Waking up - or did I wake up? - I pondered about the suddenness of life. How even our dear brothers and sisters who are so ... young and in the prime of life, can just be taken home so suddenly. How do you handle the shock and the troubled hearts that follow? What do you, honestly, say to someone who seems to be holding himself together very well? The brevity of life.

But I saw the church at work here. Whether it be life or death, I saw the community rally together. I saw them comforting and encouraging and just... being there. Loving one another. I knew that whatever happened, we were all together in this time of sorrow. "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."

And it was a sad dream. But it is a sweet dream, from God's perspective... yet a very thought-provoking dream on man's brevity of life. "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the fields. The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever."

Treasure your brothers and sisters in this family of God. And enjoy the youth of your life, while it still lasts. Use whatever is left of your fading youth to do great things for God, as much as you can. For whatever you do here on earth, is a rehearsal for what you will get to do in eternity.

No comments: