Thursday, March 25, 2010

In my loneliness You are there
To reveal Your righteousness in my despair

=)

Thank You so much Father for my boss and colleagues affirming me just now in a meeting. They say I'm a great guy to work with. =) And that the past 2 videos I did were really v good... touching hearts in just 5 minutes! the CDC ppl saw and said it was really v good... thank God so much.

So was blushing and doing my best to give all the glory to God hee =D Haha... hallelujah... praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honour and power and strength, be to our God forever and ever! Amen. Not I, but Christ who loved me and gave Himself for me and lives in me!

Proverbs 22:29
Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will serve before kings; he will not serve before obscure men.

feel v thankful to see how good God has been to me. =) i guess in spite of all my inadequacies and constant failures in the eyes of men, God has been with me and has given me strength and favour... like how He was with Joseph when he was in prison. incredibly humbled and grateful by God's grace to an unworthy sinner like me. =D

But I remember that all this is not for my glory (God forbid!) but solely for the glory of God... that i might preach the good news to them.
Matthew 10:18
On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles.

who knows wat my skills may cause me to end up as? maybe i get to do programming in future for some powerful president/dictator/prime minister... as a prisoner? as a slave? (hey Daniel who served King Nebuchadnezzar was a prisoner-of-war BTW...) maybe... and why not?

it's surprising (but sweet!) to me that God chose to bring the good news to the elite of society using men in chains. a bit like God is showing them that He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, and that He wants the kings and lords of the earth to know their rightful places... by sending them messengers in chains.

i like God, i really do. He really is the King over all the earth... and He laughs and mocks at mighty kings and lordly lords... and mocks them. But He stoops down from His throne to gently tend, comfort, and lift up battered slaves, wounded prisoners and the broken-hearted. What a mighty King, what a gentle Lord we serve. He's so amazing and so wonderful. Mocking the mighty and exalting the humble. What a mighty God we serve!

the more i know Jesus, the more i really adore Him. He just is so blessedly wonderful! =D


Anyway my boss would like to me to work w her after my internship on a freelance basis. plan to give her a good discount as a way to show my appreciation for all tt she has taught me (and been patient w me)... hee... also makes sense from a v practical pt of view too.

so can see how this career plan is slowly unfolding. very touched to see how God has been meticulously planning everything out step by step...

you know - not to make it a doctrine or what - but i think someone said tt God wants us to be able to think for ourselves. and yes, it's a biblical principle... e.g. 1 Corinthians says tt we shld be able to judge and settle matters btwn men (since we're gg to judge ANGELS in heaven)... and also use our reasonable judgement to see what's true and not...

hmm... i think this is more of making sound judgements (using the Bible) for ethical situations... God clearly intends us to use our brains... "But we have the mind of Christ." in evaluating "gray" situations.

but... on the other hand, God longs to be our guide. I read this beautiful article written by Corrie ten Boom, and she said tt the Scriptures show that God longs to be our guide. He won't force His will upon us, but like any good father would, He wants to counsel, lead and guide us in the way we should go. He delights in his children running to him, and seeking first His counsel in all that they plan to do. Like what King Jehoshapat told the ungodly King Ahab, "First seek the counsel of the LORD" when they were considering whether to go to war. and how General Joshua sought the counsel of the Lord... how King David consulted the Lord b4 making any major decisions...

and now, in the New Testament... how the apostles were led by the Holy Spirit. As they made their plans to go to various cities, they were sensitive to the Holy Spirit's guidance... oh... come to think of it... the apostles also made their own plans... =) so looks like it's a combination of partnerships.

haha. must be careful not to dichotomise and be too one-sided... :P

actually, i think sometimes we worry so much abt whether we're doing God's will or not... thinking abt it... as long as our hearts have sought Him in prayer... and we have thot thru our best... then just go. and let the Holy Spirit affirm or realign the path we're gg in. It's a life of freedom - and God is our Shepherd and Guide to the very end. Isn't it so wonderful? Do whatever you want to do, as long as your heart keeps always seeking God's kingdom and his righteousness in all that you do... and you'll find walking the Christian life really a joy and excitement and fun! "Delight yourself in the LORD / and he will give you the desires of your heart." Yes, enjoy God! Don't just enjoy doing the things of God... enjoy HIM as a Person! God isn't an impersonal Force or Reality... He is a PERSON. a Three-Personed God in fact, which means he's got way more personality than any human being haha... =)

Psalm 37
3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:

6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

Jesus came to give us life, and life to the full. And honestly, I'm really experiencing it to the full - all the joys all the sorrows all the angers, all the pains, all the delights and all the disappointments... the dying, but also the resurrection; the suffering, but also the glory; the mourning, but also the dancing...

oh my. Whatever i can say of my life in Christ, I know one thing for sure - it is NEVER SIAN! Jesus really keeps His promises! =D thank You Jesus! :D

so exciting... wonder what God has in store for me next... i want to do His will more and more... hee!

No comments: