Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I was reading about Jack Neo. Interesting. He's been a serial womanizer. But, the last one seemed (as far as I can tell) to be a bit different. Apparently Jack Neo tried breaking off with the girl deliberately after 3 months... unlike the other cases, which he just stopped contacting them.

And he started going to CHC about 1.5 years ago. That seems to tally with his trying to break up. Was it when he became a Christian, then he decided to stop his affairs?

Anyway, looking at the whole thing, I think the first to present his case seems right until someone else comes up to present the other side.

So yeah. You know, there's quite a lot of high-profile adultery cases. Especially men. But even men who have been married for more than 20 years! With that kind of statistics... and you start worrying about the men in church. Actually, it seems to be pretty much the case, regardless of race or religion, that divorce rates are rising, even for those long-term married people. And the thing is, it's due to adultery on the men's side in many cases.

Now I think I know why the father in Proverbs keeps warning his son against adultery. I mean, warn a boy who's barely into puberty about the dangers of adultery? Isn't it a bit too early for that? But now, looking at the spate of increasing adulteries... even among Christian men... now I can see why adultery is such a dangerous trap. I think perhaps one of the best ways to safeguard our future fathers from adultery is to keep warning and reminding them and training them to be sexually pure... even before they hit puberty. Proverbs shows us how it should be done. Because, really, in this increasingly sex-saturated culture, you have to die-die immunize our children against sexual impurity. It's so essential.

Thank God for Joseph, who set the standard for us in purity. Tempted by Potiphar's wife who practically threw herself at him, he RAN AWAY.  He FLED. He ran like one running away from a live bomb. He literally ran for his life. That's the kind of attitude I want to have - always ready to flee from sexual immorality.

Ha. You know, I remember that there was this friend last time who was engaged. The thing is, I realised that I felt attracted to his girlfriend. This went on for some time... no, I kept my distance from his girlfriend. But I was thinking about next time. What if we kept meeting up... I guess I did not dare to say that "this won't happen to me leh!" Yah right. God knows how many other men have also thought such things... and fell into the deadly trap of emotional adultery - you don't have to leap into bed to commit adultery - Jesus said that adultery starts the moment you look at a woman lustfully. And He was serious about it.

So... I prayed... and decided to tell the friend about this. I explained to him why I was telling him... that I wanted to ensure that there would be no opportunities at all for the devil to exploit... Boy. My friend was really surprised and a bit awkward initially. But thank God, he really appreciated my heart to desire purity to the extent of confessing so plainly before him. And our friendship has not been affected by this.

And the best part was, once I made that confession to my friend, the feelings of attraction towards his girlfriend was completely gone! It's like the temptation fled away into the shadows. So am really thankful to God for His grace and mercy. Confession and accountability is so essential to maintaining sexual purity - especially in the unseen areas of your heart and mind.
James 4:7
 "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."
Whew. Ok. Going for dinner. Hope and pray that this helps you in one way or another...





Another verse to ponder:
Hebrews 12:14
Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.

No comments: