Friday, May 29, 2009

From Hong Teck's blog:
Spiritually Strong?
I have been in times where I’m disciplined, I’m praying, thankful and just spiritually strong.

I have also been in times where I feel lost and faraway from God and spiritually just not that hot.

Both times, I’m still going to church, meetings, reading the word and doing my thing.

Just that in one, I theologize, I protect and judge those who opposes me. The other, I just innovate, create and think about how to bless people who opposes me.

A good measurement of how we are spiritually is if we spend our time theologizing and opposing? Or are we innovating, creating and blessing?
This post really mirrors what my heart's tendency is, especially when I'm feeling lost and far-away from God at times. But thank God for His loving reminder to me, that this is a good way of assessing just how spiritual I really am.

Ah. Taking sober assessment of my heart. Haha. If the story of my life's full of judgmental stuff and apologetic defences and justifications and nitpicking over doctrines, and moaning about why this person like this and that person like that and God, why can't they be more spiritual... etc. etc., then gee, something's really wrong with my walk with God.

But if it's full of joy, of appreciation and meaningful activities, compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience... then hee, perhaps my walk with God may be going well and growing well.

Especially in my fellowship and ministry. Am I innovating, creating and thinking up new ways to bless and serve them? Take initiatives to create more opportunities for them to bond tog? Sigh. I think I'm not putting in much effort actually. I need to draw closer to God more and to work harder to serve others.

No comments: