Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm Happy!

Thank God so much for today. For the beautiful morning. And for the combined DMM. For the delicious brunch. For the fellowship, and especially for Huaqiang sharing about his heartbeat to see the Great Commission fulfilled in our CGs.

And for the Nurture programme, that God used us to bless the children.

And then, while I was sitting typing on my laptop at St. Andrew's Cathedral (the steps), a really good-looking usher (I'm straight, don't worry) came up to us, smiled and warmly asked us whether we were Christians. That's doing street evax, in a way, isn't it? Except that it's home ground haha...

And when I told him my name is Abraham, he said, "You must be a Christian then?"

I laughed, and said, "I guess so!"

"That's a very good name!"

I looked at his name tag. It said, "Christian."

I replied, "And I like your name too!"

Haha... so we chatted a while, and I mentioned about having come down for Good Friday service. Anyway, I can't remember why, but he then looked at me, and said, "You are very blessed."

I was surprised, and not quite sure how to reply. But he then said, "It's really nice meeting you. Do come in to our service." And he joked, "Come support our pastor... encourage him, 'cos empty seats would be discouraging..."

Anyway, those words, "You are very blessed," made me pause and think.

Yeah. I really am very blessed.

Thank God so much.



And how happy I am, to be able to sit here under an open blue sky and the amazing love of my Lord and Saviour.

How happy I am, to be able to breathe clean air, eat good food and drink orange juice.

How happy I am, to have ears that still hear, and eyes that still see.

How happy I am, to be a free man.

How happy I am, to have a calling from God, and a mission and a vision. And to even have a name given by God.

How happy I am, to have friends and family. And to be adopted as a child of God, all because of what Jesus did for you and me on the cross one day.

All this, totally the abundant love of God, poured out for free. Upon such an unworthy and undeserving wretch like me.

How happy I am, for all my sins have been forgiven, and in Christ's name, I am now and forever free.

How happy I am, and how happy God must be.

For I was lost, and now am found. I was blind, and now I see.

And how happy we shall be, when another lost child of God is finally found... and returns back home, for all eternity.

No comments: