Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ok! Just finished printing out the Love Dare 40-days campaign booklet for my CG.

Haha...

Now on to helping Ruey Fong pass some stuff to a friend.

Helped Andrew with his resumes these few weeks. Now helping answer his questions. Praise God. Really thank God for Peter's and Kangwei's and others' advice when I was doing my own job search. Now it's my turn to advise the younger ones. Deeply grateful to God for the joy and privilege to be able to serve my fellow bro in this way.

And Dehua blessed me with some great training HR materials. Whoa! Deeply blessed. Very touched by his thoughtfulness.

Looking back at all these, and more - it's been a wonderful joy being able to serve others in love. It's really more blessed to give than to receive.

Last Sunday, I put in a large sum of money into the offering bag (well, it was large to me...). It was a semi-spontaneous thing, but i did think thru it. And when I finally gave that amount into the offering bag, i felt so happy to be able to give cheerfully! :D Not because i'm expecting anything in return, but because it's a freewill offering... it's a paean of praise to God. A simple-hearted offering of thanksgiving to God... just because He gave me so much, so how can I not give Him back in return?

And, really, my heart felt so much lighter after giving, it felt like my heart was full of helium. HALLELUJAH!

Praise the Father, who gave and gave so much! =)

On a larger scale, I realise that this is the Acts community in action. Everyone gives gladly and freely to one another, and no one is in need. We don't consider our stuff our own to keep, but freely we have received, we freely give to one another.

=)

There's this old saying that is so true:
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
Really so amazed to see how God has grown my heart in generosity over the years. Those who know me from my earlier days will know that I am not by nature a generous person. I like to grab and keep things for myself, and basically prefer to receive than to give.

Actually, I'm not even non-generous. I'm a selfish sponge. I love to trouble other people, and ask them to do things for me that I can do for myself easily. I take a very long time to repay my debts... only when others remind me (indirectly)...

But because of God loving me so much, that He gave me His only Son... and not only Him, but also a family of God, friends, loving parents, life, health, wealth, food, education, job, maturity, strength, growth in character, wisdom, the fruit of the Spirit, great colleagues, good government, even the joy of bringing people to Christ, and being graciously given the honour and blessing of discipling a younger Christian... and even a vision and calling some more... ETERNAL LIFE and A DESTINY and BEST OF ALL, the opportunity to actually have a relationship with GOD HIMSELF...

Gosh. I am so amazed. Everyday. And I AM ALIVE.
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ."
*sweet sigh!*

and what have i done to deserve all these good things? NOTHING. THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WHAT I HAVE... AND THEY DESERVE IT FAR FAR MORE THAN I DO.

*sigh* God is incredibly kind and merciful to me, a horrible sinner. So i can only do this in reply to his grace... with what He's given to me... i want to grow in giving back to Him... to church and to society.

Yup... i guess that's the least i can ever do. so thankful to the Father who is transforming my heart from a selfish and self-centred life to a life that is more and more eager to give. And in so doing, I am starting to find the life that is truly life.

YEAH!~ *pumps fist exuberantly*
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Oh, praise the Father, who gave and gave so much!!!

No comments: