Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thank You Lord for today :D

Thank You for the time with Peter, and how You used him to confirm what You've been impressing on my heart the past few weeks, that You want me to grow in character. That You helped me see the value of character.

Thank You also for the many blessings that You've given me last year. =D

Thank You also for the opportunity to go to KL this coming Tues to Thursday so that I can learn more to serve You more in HopeKids ministry.

Thank You also for the health You've given me...

Thank You also for the guitar skills that You're equipping me with.

Thank You also for the opportunity to serve more in the CG.

That two of my resolutions for 2007 actually came to pass: to serve more in the HopeKids ministry and in CG...

Thank You for Your incredible faithfulness to me.

Thank You also for the opportunity to learn from today's preparation for the outreach event. Thank You for the ideas that You blessed us with. Thank You for my dear brothers and sisters who give their time and energy joyfully.

Thank You for helping me put in more effort to serve... hee, thank You God, for the advice Zewei gave me last time when I was helping prepare the outreach event for the new graduates and the welcome event too.

Thank You for my team leader too, whom You've put in my life, that even though he's not a Christian, he's a strong and mature man with good advice. Thank You that he took the time and trouble to give me advice and feedback on how to improve.

Such advice is rare, and a real blessing from You. Drops of grace, so rare in the workplace, like snow in the hot desert, yet I am showered with them! :D

Thank You so much Lord for faithfully working in my life, how You've been encouraging me to take more initiative. And pointing out to me what I need to grow in. And for giving me the answers to some deep questions that I had for many years... You gave me the answers after 10 years of seeking! :D Great is Your faithfulness indeed, Lord Jesus Christ!

And I realise that in Your time, You make all things beautiful.

And thank You for the word that You spoke to me... that 2008 for me will be a year of purifying, a year of consecration.

A year of consecration. To be purified in character, to grow in godliness. To become the man that You've been wanting me to be for so long.

Thank You for teaching me so many things, Father.

Thank You for giving me hope and forgiveness.

Thank You for giving me close friends like Weizhu and Peter. Thank You that the friendships are mutual.

Thank You for so many things... how true Ephesians 1 is! (Am using the Amplified Bible version...)
3May blessing (praise, laudation, and eulogy) be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) Who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual (given by the Holy Spirit) blessing in the heavenly realm!

4Even as [in His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even above reproach, before Him in love.

5For He foreordained us (destined us, planned in love for us) to be adopted (revealed) as His own children through Jesus Christ, in accordance with the purpose of His will [[b]because it pleased Him and was His kind intent]--

6[So that we might be] to the praise and the commendation of His glorious grace (favor and mercy), which He so freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.

7In Him we have redemption (deliverance and salvation) through His blood, the remission (forgiveness) of our offenses (shortcomings and trespasses), in accordance with the riches and the generosity of His gracious favor,

8Which He lavished upon us in every kind of wisdom and understanding (practical insight and prudence),

9Making known to us the mystery (secret) of His will (of His plan, of His purpose). [And it is this:] In accordance with His good pleasure (His merciful intention) which He had previously purposed and set forth in [c]Him,

10[He planned] for the maturity of the times and the climax of the ages to unify all things and head them up and consummate them in Christ, [both] things in heaven and things on the earth.

11In Him we also were made [God's] heritage (portion) and we obtained an inheritance; for we had been foreordained (chosen and appointed beforehand) in accordance with His purpose, Who works out everything in agreement with the counsel and design of His [own] will,

12So that we who first hoped in Christ [who first put our confidence in Him have been destined and appointed to] live for the praise of His glory!


Wow, as I was reading the passage just now, there were very specific words like "consecrated" and "prudence" that appeared in the text... these are words that I think God is particularly impressing on me the past few days. :D

Oh! Incidentally, there's a Christian funeral at the void deck... as I was walking back home earlier, saw some of the people there doing a line-dance. Yes, you read it right... a line-dance. That seemed quite funny, but as Christians, really, the truth is, we grieve, yes, but we're not that sad, 'cos we know that we will meet again in heaven. :D So it's true literally - Jesus really turns our mourning into dancing! :D Amen!

Planning to go for a midnight run now! =)

No comments: