Monday, January 7, 2008

Ah! Such an interesting day today. I was on my way to NUH Dental Centre regarding filling my tooth cavity, when suddenly, I recalled something I did recently.

And I think it was the Holy Spirit pointing out to me, 'cos I didn't really realise that - until I recalled it. Man, was I mortified. Because it was a major boo-boo. Big time boo-boo. Big Boo-Boo with a Capital B. But thank God, it could have been much, much worse, but there for the grace of God go I...

And He so graciously pointed out to me, because I didn't realise it then. But now... whoa. Have you ever blushed in prayer? I think I did.

Asked Him to reassure me, because I felt so scared and insecure about that incident.

Then I reflected. I was frustrated with myself again.

Ah. Frustration #3 for today.




After that, I went into the Dental Centre. I saw the clerk on duty. She, being slightly frazzled, asked me:

"Yes, can I help you?"

"Er... I want to see the dentist." (Pause. What else am I supposed to say? Like, "Oh, I'm here to use the toilet.")

Crisply, she answered, "Ok. Are you feeling any pain?"

"Mmm... nope."

"Ok, I'll put you down for an appointment."

"Er... but I want to go for a walk-in, not an appointment."

"I'm sorry, Sir, but walk-ins are only for emergencies. Like, when you have pain..."

"Oh boy... But I took leave... (trails off into frustrated silence)... it's ok, thanks a lot anyway."

(Darn. Was thinking I should have told her I was feeling pain... 'cos it was feeling a bit painful at times...)

Wah. I was Getting Frustrated. Frustration, Your Honour, presenting Exhibit #4!

But as I left the clinic, ah, I was quite touched actually. 'Cos in all these things God is working for our good. =)

And as that verse from Romans 8 ran again through my mind, I started reciting aloud, "And we know... ", a car passed by. I saw a handsome leather Bible on the dashboard with the gilt-lettered titling "The Holy Bible". So visually arresting. :)

Surprised, I wondered, what in the world does that coincidence mean? Is God trying to tell me something here?

Asked God. And don't know whether it was me or Him - but just felt I should recall Romans 8 fully. So started reciting longer... and oh!
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written,
"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


All day long I must face troubles, frustrations and even danger from time to time... and as long as there's sin in this world, we will face obstacles and difficulties. "In this world you will have trouble..." But we shall not be overcome by any of these - how can anything separate us from the love of Christ? If He loved us enough to die for us when we were hell-bent sinners, how much more, now that we are His precious sons and daughters?

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

Shall I let myself, then, become frustrated and discouraged, when I face troubles, even of my own doing? Shall I be insecure of His steadfast love for me?
"Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.
Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us."


No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

I'm just so touched by God's love to me, a sinner. =) Hee... sometimes life is so simple, really, when you choose to let you be you and God be God. =)

No comments: