Friday, January 18, 2008

Back from the Conference... Amazing! :D

Hee, thank God for the past three days. (Thanks Andrew for the bon-voyage wishes haha) Yes bro, the conference was a really, really amazing, fruitful and wonderful time! :D

Hmm, what I learnt... the theme was on "A Loyal Church". I learnt about what true loyalty is, and some important things I learnt were:

0. Loyalty reflects God's attributes.
1. Loyalty is a choice.
2. Loyalty, at its very heart, is self-sacrifice.
3. Loyalty WILL be tested.
4. Loyalty is essential for any healthy relationship.
5. Loyalty to God must supersede any human feelings (both mine and others). (of course, make sure that my loyalty to God is correctly based on what His Word says)

And I learnt practical ways to build loyalty in a team...

Something that surprised me when I went for the conference... it felt a lot like a normal church camp. And that's the thing that I realised... all the people there are really very ordinary people like you and me. Honest. They even fall asleep during the teachings. (Well, not all... only a few. Like me for instance. :P) They come in different shapes and sizes, with very different personalities. From the ultra-laconic to the ultra-bubbly... and whoa! So many nationalities! From all the continents of the world! It was really very amazing to see what God has done in our midst!

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy!"

Really very blessed that I got the chance to attend this Hope conference and learn many wonderful things. But it's not the fact that I can go for this conference that I'm so excited, but because it's through this conference that I got to experience several amazing things - things that are strong signs from God that He really is calling me to serve Him in children's ministry. In fact, it's more than a ministry - it's a CALLING! Praise the Lord indeed... as someone would say, "Amayzing!" ;)

Sign #1: The Stars
When I was on the bus to KL at 2 or 3 am in the morning, I looked up at the sky, and the stars were shining, so many of them. And I was reminded again that God promised Abraham that his descendants would be numerous as the stars in the sky... a promise that I believe God wants to encourage me to trust Him to fulfill in my own life (spiritual descendants). :D

Sign #2: The Songs
The calling to serve in HopeKids ministry... think it was no mere coincidence that I'm starting on the book of Joshua, and the worship songs that we sang at the conference... think God was impressing very strongly and consistently on my heart that at this moment, the HopeKids ministry is like Joshua entering the Promised Land... we've begun to start pioneering new areas to impact, build up and disciple children into strong and biblical adults... but there are still so many areas that we have yet to conquer.

But just sense that God's calling is upon me here... as if He were encouraging me directly, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be dismayed..."

Sign #3: The Sharing
This is one of the most amazing things that happened to me during the conference. On the last day of the conference, I was having breakfast with Wan Leng and Pastor James, when Ps James suddenly asked me out of the blue, "Are you helping out in Sunday School ministry?"

When I replied yes, he said:

"You have the right gifting to be in the children's ministry."

"Oh wow! ... uh... but how do you know?"

"Because you have a lot of patience, and you have this calming effect on kids. It's a special ability, and not everyone has it."

Wow... I was so so so ultra-encouraged by Ps James' sharing. Super-touched. Wonder if it was a prophetic word from God through Ps James?

Thank You Father... it does seem very clear now that this is indeed the ministry that You've called me to, both in fruit and in confirmation.

Sign #4: The Spirit
At the closing prayer of the conference, the very moment the pastor in charge prayed that we'd be loyal to our sister churches worldwide too, suddenly, a strong impression came upon me that the Lord Jesus wants me to help support and build children's ministries in all the Hope churches worldwide.

And I was so surprised again.

'Cos a few years ago, God gave me a vision of me sitting on a chair telling a whole group of children from all over the world the story of Jesus! And... I was wondering how this vision could come to pass?

So think God just showed me the very pathway through which this vision can come true.

Feel so inspired, strengthened and encouraged by my Lord Jesus Christ...
1 Thessalonians 5:24
The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

Thank You so much Lord Jesus... feel so grateful from the bottom of my heart. That You are calling me, an unworthy servant who has failed You so many times.

Don't know how to say the things that I feel in my heart, but my prayer is that You help me stay true to You, to Your words of truth, to Your calling and purpose for me... I'm amazed!

*nods head*

Please help me stay loyal to You to the very end. In Jesus' name I pray Amen.

No comments: