Monday, August 20, 2007

My Job - and its Purpose

I happened to drop by to join KC, Jinghe, Peifang and Lisiong for a quick bite. Then Peifang asked me, "Are you enjoying your new job so far?"

Told her, yes, work's fun, etc. etc...

But my reply made me think. Actually... what am I in this job for? I know that God has blessed me with this job - it's a really good one, and I enjoy it... but... it's not exactly a media-related job, and I'm wondering how does it fit into God's plan for my life. But after Weizhu prayed for me, I think I can see how it fits after all...

Because I've always wanted to help out in missions. For God's heartbeat is for everyone, from every nation, tribe, people and language, to know Him as Lord and Saviour. It's like what Pastor Johannes (whose sermons I personally enjoy very much and have impacted me a lot) said today: The true riches that Christ was telling us about is not Money, but, people. People are of infinite value to God - in fact, He loved us so much that He gave His one and only Son to die on the cross in our place, that we might be forgiven if we choose to accept His incredible sacrifice for us.

And this job seems to be a very wonderful open door by which I can help support the missions team. Personally, I think God is giving me an increasing burden and desire for a certain country in Africa. Amazing... I'm actually praying to God to send me to Africa! :D Isn't my heavenly Daddy so COOL? :D I wouldn't have even wanted to go there a few years ago... but now I find myself increasing in burden as the days go by. I'm not sure how's He going to work everything out, but as Sharon shared with me this morning, "Trust God to use you."

Amen! :D

No comments: