Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First Workplace Lunch-time Fellowship...

Now sitting here again. Melancholic, because I've been thinking about how much I haven't been reading the Bible really, letting it dwell richly in me.

Hmm. Well, there's tml, but Lord, I hate this melancholy in me. Because it tempts me to start doing other things to fill that heart hunger in me... be it reading, surfing the net or sleeping or playing computer games.

Nah... thank You Lord that it's never too late to pray to You for help. I don't know very much, Lord... I am young and have a long, long way to learn. But I will look to You, to You and Your strength always.

For I do know You... and I don't want to be ashamed of You.

Tomorrow's the first lunchtime fellowship that I'm organizing for Qiannuo in the workplace. Gee. It's a mustard seed planting, and to be honest, I'm quite... don't know how to put it - maybe "unsure" is a good word to use - how this lunchtime fellowship will go. But Qiannuo's not been attending church for a long time... but I do see that he has a very good heart for God, just that he Can be very melancholic too. :) Hee hee! Two mels getting together... ok, i'm more phleg than mel I think. Ah... anyway so much abt "personality types"... when it comes to being used by God, personality's simply just another tool that He can use.

I'm not sure, Daddy, how this'll go. But I'm doing this because I feel prompted, convicted even, by Your Word, which I read in the book of Acts how Barnabas found Paul and discipled him, and Paul in turn found Timothy and discipled him. And gee, to be honest, I really am the least of the Christians, 'cos I really don't know how to disciple very well. Or rather, disciple in the first place.

And I'm very, very encouraged and inspired by Swee Leong's example, how though he's still quite a young Christian (but growing, praise God!), he took his tentative steps to reach out and disciple the younger ones, even though he was quite fearful and uncertain about what to do next at times. Armed with nothing much but the Word in his hand, and a lot of "noobie" faith, he did what he could do.

So dear Swee Leong, even though you're still uncertain at times, and the road of discipleship ahead is hard and challenging, full of tears and sorrows at times, you still keep running the marathon of life faithfully. Don't give up discipling and passing on the Word of God to the next generation of Christians! As was prophesied over you after your water baptism, be a Timothy - be a man of God who preaches the Word of God in season and out of season, and who handles correctly the word of truth, who does not need to be ashamed.

For you are setting an example for the other believers in the faith even though you are young. And God's grace and hand is upon you, to do what you must do, man of God. :) Because one life that you have inspired to take up the staff of discipleship too - is me, an "oldie moldie" Christian.

Lord, I don't know how... but teach me as I do my best to know what's going on in the lives of my CG people, and grant me the grace to be humble in the light of my failings. For You Are Who You Are, and just as You Are sent Moses... so You send us to go out and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything You have commanded us...

... You are with us always! even unto the very end of the Age! Amen! :D

So who knows what'll happen tomorrow? But God knows how tomorrow will turn out. As for me, I'm going to turn in now. Sleepy! :)

No comments: