Monday, August 6, 2007

HopeTots

What a beautiful time today. :)

Robert, Shunrong and Yufen all came today. Their help was priceless - it freed me a lot to focus on the more difficult children. We had a mini-skit (thank God for Robert and Shunrong!). And I did story-telling. Hee, praise God, it was fun! =) Got good feedback from Yung, shall keep in mind. Thank You Jesus for helping me!

But a more amazing thing. There's this boy, Emmanuel, who is very, very hyperactive. He was being very noisy, even during worship, so I decided to go and bring him to a corner so that he'd not disrupt the worship time. Was at my wits' ends how to keep him quiet and still. (Think of a wriggling fish - you get the idea. Except that the fish doesn't make so much noise.)

Then decided to pray. Just sat down, hugged him, put my hand on his head and prayed in the Spirit softly. Was reminded of this verse from the book of Zephaniah:
Zephaniah 3:17
"...he will quiet you with his love..."


And wonderfully, Emmanuel became so much more quiet and still, lying on my lap. "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save." Amazing how God can work in ways we cannot see. :)

And while giving out Twisties to the kids, they were raising and cupping their hands in eager anticipation. Then one sister quipped, "They're praying to you!" Ertz... but it struck me how childlike they are in asking... and how they really look so much like they're praying...

Struck me that this is just an illustration of how we should come to the Father in eager and earnest expectation, raising and cupping our hands to our heavenly Daddy. He is a far, far, far better Father than any earthly man can be! Childlike faith in earnest prayer. Wow. The children taught me something new today. Love them so much. :)

No comments: