Monday, August 6, 2007

Festival of Praise

Hee, thank God so much for FOP :)

Was a very renewing and refreshing time - sorely needed.

Initially was thinking whether to go for the FOP today or go back home - either way I really wanted to seek God, 'cos I really have been very spiritually dry this week.

Decided to go anyway to FOP. 'Cos I do believe that Jesus's presence is really there when two or three gather in His name... and we're talking thousands of Christians gathered to praise Him! :)

And wow, hee, found a quiet spot at a most unlikely location: on the bridge to the East entrance of Indoor Stadium. Really so calmed down by the green trees, the gentle zephyr, and the blue-gray sky. And Psalm 119 spoke to my soul a lot.

This verse really spoke to me when I was confused, asking God which one does He want me to go - home or to FOP? 'cos I really do want to seek His face.

Then this verse came to mind: "You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart..." In short, God was replying to me that actually, it doesn't matter where I go or even how I choose to seek Him. As long I really seek Him with all my heart, that is the thing He is looking for. Jesus said, "God is Spirit, and His worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth." (John 4)

Shared with HQ that think God's Word is really so impt. While I'm going through this transition period, frankly, it is God's Word that will give me the strength that I need so badly. And that's what He has been trying to tell me all along the past few days. I'm so slow to learn. But Daddy is so patient. :)

Then was with Marcus, Jacky and Jiaxiang at the FOP. Jiaxiang shared abt his work too - and what he learnt from the experience. One thing that he shared struck me: We experience God even more when we are going through difficult times. And the article in FOP magazine also spoke to me about the same thing.

Wow, that served as a very timely reminder to me. :) To give thanks to God for more things. Michelle shared joyfully about her new job yesterday - counting her blessings. So starting to count my blessings again. :)

FOP - wow, really renewed fire and passion in my heart for Jesus! :)

No comments: