Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Lunch-time Fellowship? :D By Faith!

Hee, just want to thank God... been inspired by the first Christians's lives while reading the book of Acts... so have been thinking and praying about having a lunch-time fellowship. But wasn't sure how or where to start, so asked God for ideas.

And He impressed on me this friend's name - he's a Christian too, but isn't currently in a church at the moment. So we had lunch together today, and I broached the idea of a lunch-time fellowship to him. Thank God! He's quite interested in the idea... so we'll be starting next week. Thank God! :D Hee, really hope and pray that I can disciple him in the Way, just like how Priscilla and Aquila, an ordinary working-class couple, discipled Apollos, a learned scholar who hailed from Alexandria, the premier university city of the ancient world.

Just feel very encouraged by God's help... and for His guidance and spurring me on through His Word. :D So have lent him my book, "God is closer than you think"... think he'll find it very useful too, to help him experience God more. :D From what he's told me, think he experiences God strongly through nature too, just like I do. w00t! :D

Excited at what Jesus can do through me... yet not I, but Christ who lives in me! :D Amen!

Father, I really want to thank You for Your wonderful works, how You can use anyone whose heart is willing to be used by You... and how You have opened a door. Father, I really want to obey what Your Son, Jesus Christ, commanded us in Matthew 28:19-20... and I commit this plan, this idea, this hope, that this little seed of a lunch-time fellowship will in time take root and grow, and help draw many of our friends and colleagues in this workplace to come to know Your goodness, mercy and love. In other words, to taste and see that You are good! :D In Jesus' most wonderful name, amen!

No comments: