Sunday, August 6, 2006

"I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way..."

Wow, thank God so much.

Some recent experiences thru which God helped me see my need to change certain ways that I behave... plus a Bible verse... plus a book... plus shepherding today... plus this article that I saw just now. God is ALWAYS faithful!

This passage in particular really strikes me:
"Our behavior is important. People see us in many situations at many different times, and the way we act can be a powerful witness to the power of Christ in our lives. Christ calls us to a perfection that we cannot achieve on our own. Rely upon the Lord and He will give you the capacity to live an upright, holy, and pleasing life."

Yes Lord, I really need Your help. You know that I'm very socially inept and inconsiderate, but I know that You are the One who gives wisdom to the wise... so as I keep praying to You and meditating on Your wise advice from the Bible, I know You'll transform me, for You have never forsaken those who truly seek You. In Jesus' most precious name, Amen.

Psalm 101:2
I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.


Gwen couldn't help remembering how her grandmother used to tell her to, "Act like a perfect little lady." She had hated to have her grandmother constantly nagging at her to sit properly, speak properly, walk, chew, and sneeze properly. However, the lessons she had been taught had stayed with her, and they had helped her many times. She had gotten the job at the gallery because they had been impressed by her manner and poise. Perhaps she wasn't a "perfect little lady," but she made a good showing, nonetheless.

Our behavior is important. People see us in many situations at many different times, and the way we act can be a powerful witness to the power of Christ in our lives. Christ calls us to a perfection that we cannot achieve on our own. Rely upon the Lord and He will give you the capacity to live an upright, holy, and pleasing life.

No comments: