Thursday, August 17, 2006

Love Lesson #1

Love always seeks the best for the other person, regardless of what one receives in return.

This bro shared with me another bro's response to the gift that we bought him. The look on this bro's face - so delighted that that bro was really blessed by the gift - was a great contrast to my own judgemental spirit when I didn't see that bro respond very visibly in person to the gift - "Huh, he's so unappreciative."

But what this bro shared with me helped me understand better - that that bro was very touched by the gift, even though he's not the kind of guy who'd express it very outwardly.

So am reminded that "love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth."

Thank God that He helped point out to me this truth about myself... praise God who convicts me of my sins so that I can repent and grow for the better! :)

"...[love] is not self-seeking..." 1 Cor 13

No comments: