Sunday, August 20, 2006

Thanks Lord for Huanyan and Ruey Fong. One is like sunshine on a cloudy day, the other is like a rainbow in the sky. So touched by Huanyan's prayer and encouragement when I was feeling sick again yesterday.

Yeah!

So tired, God. I think I'll have to miss next week's HopeTots. The children are wonderful, but I really need a break. The flu still hasn't fully gone - this is probably the worst flu that I had in ages. Think I've got the same strain as Jits - we've been feeling nauseous with this kind of flu.

What kind of flu is it anyway?!

Hmm. Feeling quite low this week actually. Physically weak, which leads to mentally weak, which leads to emotionally weak and to spiritually weak. But God is always good. He reminded me that He's watching over me even when I can't see Him in action. I was asking Him in my mind, where're You sometimes when You seem to be absent?

Then this line came to mind: "God is with you, even on the battlefield."

Ah, the battlefield... hmm... a place where you'd probably least expect to find God - death, sickness, mourning, mud, tears, violence, fears... yet, still His hands is still in charge there. I guess the atheist will say, "Duh! All this violence is obvious proof that He's not there..."

Well, God is still there. And what others may say, I don't care. He is more than there - He is my Fortress; He is my Medic; He is my Commander; He is my faithful comrade; He is my strength and my shield; He is my Defender!

I believe in the sun, even when it does not shine.
I believe in love, even when I do not feel it.
I believe in God, even when I do not see Him.
(written on the wall of a concentration camp)

No comments: