Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wow. Just got to make two new friends from Europe. I was in City Hall Starbucks (yet again), when a couple asked me whether it's ok to borrow my multi-plug adapter. So gladly obliged, and after they were done, they let me know that they were going to detach their computer power supply.

So, I helped them... and then chatted with the couple. The guy's from Italy, and the girl's from UK - both are graduates, here looking for work in Singapore for a year. And found out that the guy's also interested in media, just like me - in fact, we're both in the same field of work! :D So offered to help the couple with their job searches... they were so pleasantly surprised. =)

BTW the guy told me that if I'm interested in expanding my media skills more, I should consider going to the UK. I went, whoa, that's awesome, 'cos my sister is staying there, married to an Englishman! And the girl went, wow! :)

So the couple said let's meet up over coffee again, maybe this week or next! Am feeling very excited about meeting them up again, they being young professionals and all that. Also hoping and praying that God will help me link them up to the other bros and sisters in Christine's unit... =)

Totally spiffed, man. God is awesome!


When I look at the big picture, I'm wowed again. Because looking at the above encounter, I see how all my major experiences in the past one year are fitting so perfectly together to impact people from other nations.

My helping my bros and sisters with their job searches +
my internship experience +
my switching to a media career +
my fondness for Starbucks +
my multi-plug adaptor +
God knows what else... =
blessing a foreign couple =
no skills or experience that God has given me will ever go to waste.

Storytelling +
HopeKids +
writing for Hopekids creative team =
missions in Cambodia, leading a children's service team =
no skills or experience that God has given me will ever go to waste.

software engineering experience +
Nurture programme +
going for training workshop =
meeting my now-current boss =
getting an internship job =
no skills or experience that God has given me will ever go to waste.

Software engg experience +
my current internship job +
experience in helping welcome foreign delegates / students =
blessing a pair of South Korean students =
no skills or experience that God has given me will ever go to waste.

And the list of God's magnificent wonders go on. Too many to count! Too many to list! God just is so awwwwwwwwwwwesome!

Man, it's just like those Civilization games, where, when you research one technology, it opens up the door to so many new technologies and powers... and if you have the correct combo of technologies, you can discover an even more advanced technology to win the world! :D

Likewise, how God also charts out the path He has prepared for me... it's so thrilling to see how one life experience / breakthrough can open up a door... and how all these experiences add up so uniquely. All for the purpose of blessing the world, to bless all peoples of the world.

"And all nations of the world will be blessed through you." So touched to see God's kindness to me... Gen 12:1-3 is coming true in my life, even as I surrender more of myself to Him each day.

It's a very touching encouragement to me, because so often I feel extremely small and unable. But God has reminded me again and again that it's not so much the size of my faith that counts, as the size of the One in whom I have faith. It's whether I make myself more available to Him. Blessed are all who take refuge in Him!

Haha... but also am very blessed by testimonies of brothers and sisters who are shining for him in the workplace. Was talking with Huanyan. Very impressed by his exemplary lifestyle. And Andrew my neighbour. Faithful and responsible. And many other bros and sisters. So have much to learn from them in diligence and trustworthiness and faithfulness. To be honest, my boss, though she says I do great work, is not pleased with my slowness and lack of punctuality. So am struggling... I guess have to struggle harder! And pray more! Both!

Yet, for all my character failings and flaws... God still chooses to use someone so unworthy, so small in character, someone like me. But I'm reminded that this precisely is so that I may not boast of my own strength. Not by works, so that no one can boast. But we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which He prepared in advance for us to do.

And you know what? Seeing all these good things that the Lord has done for me in the past 12 years... touches my heart so much every time. His grace is so amazing that how can I not respond to His mercy? It is God's kindness that leads me towards repentance. And so His love compels me to grow and mature... I want to grow in holiness and godliness... not because I have to, but because of His grace touching my heart... and His love melting it... that I want to be more like Jesus, even if it means a lot of pain. Because He forgave me all my sins, forever and ever! How can I not be touched... :')

So when I catch a glimpse of His heartbeat for the lost... His intense love for people... gosh. Life's never ever the same again when you see the world through the eyes of the 3-G God = (God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit). :D

Truly, God doesn't call the qualified; He qualifies the called! =D Amen! Have faith in our God, and He will use you to do wonderful things for Him! "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived, what God has prepared for those who love Him." Amen!

No comments: