Wednesday, February 10, 2010

An Epiphany of Love

A dear CG bro sent some of us a testimony. It was very encouraging! And this part spoke to me personally:
For God so loved me that He gave this scholarship, something which I did not hope or pray to have, beause it was clear that I did not even meet the minimum requirement to. But God juz gave..... something which I do not deserve. Thank you Father for the grace shown.
It touched me a lot, because this bro personalized John 3:16 for himself. Can sense the heart of child-like gratitude in him. :D

It spoke to me, because, I guess, deep down, I've this subtle fear that God would promise me something... and then take it away at the last minute. But this personalized paraphrase reminded me of the biblical truth that God really loves me so much. If He did not spare His one and only Son, but gave him up for us all... how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

Oh... forgive me Father, for doubting the depth of Your love. And thank You for loving me - and all your other children - so much. :) I think I had an epiphany today on just how real and sincere is Your love for us humans.

No comments: