Friday, February 5, 2010

Help Carry One Another's Burdens in Love

Was listening to a dear friend share his/her anxiety about something. As I was thinking of what to say to encourage him/her, I realise that I also have my own anxieties. And that this friend has encouraged me before as well.

Reminded that in the pilgrim's journey, everyone has his or her own worries and burdens and fears. What I struggle with, someone else may not. But what that someone else struggles with, I realise I don't struggle. So... we help carry one another's burdens.

Is Christianity about comparative righteousness? No, it's about helping carry one another's burdens. And so in this way we fulfill the law of Christ - the law of fellowship, the law of love...
Jesus: "So in everything do unto others as you would have them do unto you, for it sums up the Law and the Prophets."

No comments: