Sunday, September 7, 2008

Read today's Straits Time article about transsexuals. Whoa. I wonder what the Bible says about transsexuals, and what's its position on being one? Is it possible for a person to actually be the opposite gender inside? And are we talking about gender or sex? Is gender a God-given identity or is it a social construct?

Gosh! I think I gotta go do some reading on this... think I'll ask my CG tomorrow over lunch to discuss this. :)


Incidentally, I had the pleasure of getting to know Abigail Chay (you know, the actress who appeared in some films e.g. Money No Enough, Under One Roof, etc.) through my eldest sis back some time ago... since both of them were collaborating on a play, The Christmas Bride. Got to chat with her a bit, and turns out she's a Christian, and as far as I know, she loves God a lot. So was startled to read the story about her in 2006, that she was actually a he last time.

Haha... yah, so I'm thinking about people who've gone for SRS (sex-replacement surgery). I'm certain that God loves them of course, and they're equally human as you and me. I'm just confused whether to consider them as the sex they are today, or you know, the sex they used to be yesterday. I mean, God didn't make a mistake when He assigned them their sex, you know. But hmm, what about those who are genuinely hemaphrodites, etc? Or eunuches... you know lah.

(Wait. Is it eunuches or eunuchs? After all, we have lunches, not lunchs, and punches, not punchs. But eunuches sounds kinda wrong... So... argh! I'm getting ahead of myself here...)

Anyway! I think I shall ask my CG about this tomorrow.

No comments: